21 shot in Chicago in 14 hours

Discussion in 'Other News' started by lilillill, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    smokey12 and JonJon78 Thank this.
  3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    x1Heavy and smokey12 Thank this.
  4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Possibly true. Wouldn't think that a law abiding citizen with proper credentials to carry a firearm would run off when confronted by police though... Lots of information left out of the news story.

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Per capita Omaha ranked up there in deadliest city's list also ...but it's always north Omaha with the problems and the same group of people .
    Ironically south Omaha has a different density of people that are of Hispanic origin and has very few problems in comparison.
    Say what ya want about Hispanics but they arnt afraid to work ....nobody bothers my shop in south O and crime isn't a problem.

intrepidor, mpd240 and BoostedTeg Thank this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Might be an otherwise law-abiding citizen who simply refuses to seek the government's permission and pay them a fee in order to exercise what is supposed to be a Constitutional Right. When the cops approached, the last thing he wanted to do was stick around...and I can't say I blame him.

Coover and bzinger Thank this.
  7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Your IP address is tracable (exceptions do apply).
    Be very careful with whom & what you support, and where and how and why you speak up. The internet doesn't grant immunity.

Your guns won't save you when a governmental force is beating down your door.... and your 2nd amendment, while meant to protect you from the tyranny of government which rules you (which you are supposed to rule in a democratic society) or militias which might attempt to do so, will become nothing.... CYA, and pay the bill.

Remember the song by Buffalo Springfield 'For Better or Worse'?....... 'Step out of line, the men come and take you away.'.... That was the late '60's. Can you tell me it's gotten better?.... Food for thought. I won't be responding to a response. *tips cap* Sir.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One of the tells of a concealed carry is a short bent elbow as a hand hovers to check firearm securement or a short arm swing over weapon.

He apparently also had magazines on the left belt with outside holstering. (I do inside with two or a police sharkskin outside three holster) The tall overshirt is classic.

I see a number of issues with the man's body langauge. First off, when I am armed and facing police in my face without fear of them or guilty of anything (I train with Searcy police at their range when possible on free shoot days) I stay my ground and get the CHL, and DL out. This man was not standing his ground and frankly did not seem to know or KNEW possibly where he was at it may not have been lawful carry under a license at all. (No CHL or whatever equivalent licensing to carry)

It is really stupid to consider that you can take on 4, 5 or more police who are already either pulling or pulled guns. You wont get to walk way from that.

Sometimes people engage in physical manifestation or behavior of a mental decision made. I say that this person decided he will get clear far enough to draw which would have been a pretty good spot but really bad timing for him as the big police vehicle pulled in when it did. (Lining police or enemy in a row to force a group attacking you into one by one instead of all able to have a line on you)

When he reached, that's it there is no more time. The Police will go home at the end of day one way or another.

I am not overly loving of the Leos as this writing makes it seem to be. In my area the Law is very very sharp and common sense regarding people with guns who have nothing to fear from them. Ive had contacts in both concealed situations in the store where they did not know I was armed or in some cases absolutely KNEW I was armed but showed no intent to do anything at all except buy food. Kind of hard to prosecute or arrest someone doing something ordinary. (As long you don't reach or draw)

So that is my post. I have nothing to fear from the Law and will protect them where necessary or possible. But this man who got shot well... something is going on within his world. He made his choices as people do sometimes.

The media is really poor at providing facts sometimes. And sometimes these good quality videos provide a variety of thinking good and bad. But other times leaves more questions unanswered.

It is very possible that this is not a regular bad guy. If this was a reegular bad guy it will be a weapon simply shoved down the waist band with no holster at all. The presence of a adequate magazine carrier (Not the best) tells me that this is either a licensed carry or someone who discovered that he could carry some more boom boom and not look lopsided from weight.

If there is no holster at all then chances are it's a gang banger or bad guys. Proper holsters are not that expensive at all.

9. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    smokey12 Thanks this.
  10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    mjd4277 and JonJon78 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.