2nd Chance Companies ... who are they?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by istrum, Apr 29, 2018.

1. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    So, here's the drift .... a friend of mine has 3 incidents on his DAC report and tells me that he has been having a really hard time finding a company to take him in. He's a mature, married man, who does no drugs or drinking - but still an easy guy to get along with. In his time on the road, he has had 3 minor incidents - None of which are DOT reportable, none of which had any injuries. He removed a door from a trailer at the hinges, got stuck in the mud once on a rainy night, and had a slight collision making a very difficult left turn in a residential neighborhood after a delivery at 4:45am. These incidents have been making him unemployable at almost all of the major carriers and trucking companies. Safety takes one look at the DAC and states policy that they can't take him in.

What companies will look at a driver on an individual basis and have been known to give 2nd chances ?

Can we get a list ? Is there a list already ? Is there a certain terminology when referring to this ?

Much thanks, from my friend.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Need4Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Quit trying to get on a the big companies. Try for small outfits. Most of them don't use dac anyway. If really desperate, and I mean a very very last resort, there is always Carolina Cargo(heard they start at 10 cents a mile) and Western Express. But really, find a smaller company and you will have a better chance.

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Western Express.

istrum Thanks this.
  6. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Seriously, .... 10 cents a mile? That's $10 / 100 miles ... less than $10 an hour.... maybe less than minimum.
    Do you know why its legally called minimum wage?
    Because if they paid any less --- it'd be illegal.
    ..... but still its something.

ANY OTHERS? Success stories? Company names?

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It's a team operation doing west coast turnarounds. With accessorial pays included most drivers start out at about $600.00 weekly. Most drivers with bad MVR's or criminal records stay there 3 - 6 mos., then move on.
    Where is your friends location; we need to know the hiring area he lives in.
    One driver on here had about 15 tickets as a cabbie and had no trouble being hired right out of cdl school. He said he made about 50 phone calls off Craigslist and left as many phone messages, then had a job within a couple of days.

Lonesome, istrum and austinmike Thank this.
  8. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    .............. errr .... 08109 ... just north of Cherry Hill, NJ .... Merchantville, NJ. :rolleyes:

9. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    People have posted to Trucker's Report that one should look to Craigs List as a source of finding employ, but many, many of the opportunities there are trucking with a 1099 not W2 arrangement, and do not have health benefits that my family needs. It can be very costly ... upwards of $800 a month at times.

@Chinatown , do you have any specific leads or a resource to draw upon - for 2nd chance companies?

10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Sometimes beggars can't be choosers.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Ignore what the websites have & apply. Apply first, then call after submitting an application. Call and say, "I'm checking on my job application."
    Roadtex Transportation
    Freymiller - www.drive4freymiller.com
    Southern Refrigerated Transport
    Covenant
    USA Truck
    Senn Freight Lines
    PI&I Motor Express - Teamsters Union - probably best for benefits & health insurance.
    Paschall Truck Lines
    May Trucking Company
    TransAm - pay not too good, but it's somewhere to work. Don't do the truck lease though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Calex Logistics in PA - maybe; worth applying for. Decent pay. The website has been hijacked by some Chinese company, so type it in letter for letter and it will work. "calexlogistics"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.