"3" accidents (sort of - but not really), 0 points, no moving violations ever --- can I get in?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Adieu, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Adieu

Adieu Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    So...been thunking about getting a CDL. Preferably a paid-to-train program if possible.

But.... Went and pulled my DMV printout and turns out I got a bit of a weird looking driving record, according to them

Accidents:
    1. May 2016 --- got rearended while fully stopped at a light by an uninsured streetracer who presented fake (!) documents and vanished --- NOT AT FAULT.
    Nothing about fault on DMV printout though?? Guy at the window gave me some petition form that supposedly can get it removed???

2. Jan 2017 Driving through a nasty posh area, weird gas station exit that MAY have been an illegal left turn on a side street, kinda vague... make it slowly and carefully, once I'm fully in lane already loud honking from behind and a local soccer mom in a Lexus SUV scrapes past me and comes to a rest with her driver side rear fender snagged on the BACK of my front bumper passenger side. Good TEN FEET of space between her right side and the curb AND plenty of time to brake instead of honking.
    Her boyfriend and the local PD show up, suddenly her BF is "her lawyer" and causing a scene, local PD compares zip codes on licenses and is suddenly firmly siding with her giving me dirty looks treating me like trash and yelling at me....writes me up at fault.
    Not because I made a dubious turn or anything, but because "my car hit the back side of her car, case closed" (although she came from behind and clearly scraped half her side brushing past me). #######.

But OK this was at least an actual accident between two moving vehicles on the road.

3. Mar 2017 Plastic on plastic parking lot scuff on illegally parked car, nothing broken on either car. Tried to do the "right thing", stupid stupid, Left contact details and tried to reimburse, guy turns around tries to scam insurance company instead. For $3k. Insurance tells him to take a hike, that was that... until it shows up on my DMV record because he tried reporting it.
    $50 dent pop work / max unnecessary overkill $250 for a whole new paintmatched replacement panel = BELOW DMV REPORTING THRESHOLD. And not actually on a public highway.

Can I do the form thing to get rid of this nonsense?

Violations on record:
    Littering in 2011. NO MOVING VIOLATIONS, EVER

QUESTIONS:
    1) Can I get a CDL?
    2) Can I actually be employable after getting a CDL?
    3) If not, how soon does this stuff roll over?

Thx,
    -Andrew

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You're hirable somewhere. Where is your location; state & nearest city?

4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    So u have been out causing damage but, “HEY! I wasn’t moving...” lol

5. Adieu

Adieu Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Southern California

Orange County / Between Los Angeles and San Diego

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Robertson's Ready Mix might train you for a cdl-a. They have their own cdl school.
    [​IMG] upload_2018-12-3_15-42-53.jpeg

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Google : WIOA Program California and maybe get free cdl school.
    If you do it this way, there's a few 2nd chance companies that will give you a job.
    The WIOA Program may require you to get a couple of pre-hire letters and that's when you contact the 2nd chance companies.

8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    ^think of all the damage a cement truck could do and not be called a moving violation!

Dirty Britches and Puppage Thank this.
  9. Adieu

Adieu Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    1. Guy crashed into me
    2. Lady scraped past me
    3. <2mph, no paint transfer didnt even crack plastic on either car.... height mismatch between bumpers was the only reason any imprint left at all. Mistake, yes, equal to totalling or hurting somebody, hell no

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Basically 1 accident you were charged at fault. Any ticket? Didn’t go to Court? Either way not serious. They’re usually looking for serious violations or accidents for 3 yrs. Yours isn’t bad at all. Future always at least show up or send a lawyer to Court. And get copies of all accident reports from Police and request an interpretation of any checked codes or boxes etc. Dosent hurt to get or view a copy of Driving Record annually. I’m sure you know this now. I learned the hard way myself these days with Computers anyone out there has access to everything about you.

11. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    But if the drum is rotating, it is technically moving

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.