3 car hauler questions...

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Duperdispatch, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    Wow. Just wow. I have asked questions here with hopes of not sounding like an idiot. Many of you guys have helped me tremendously. It's interesting to learn that a newbie could be so smart and you guys were all wrong. SMH. I will say thanks for the help I've been given. I guess if you are all losers and I have learned from your advice. I don't even rank as a loser yet. I will try to catch up. Lol

SLANT6 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Was going to reply... but never mind.

SLANT6 and Speedloader Thank this.
  4. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    Oh c'mon !! Not even for entertainment purposes ....... ?

Just because I'm a freight monger again, and your a 'camper scamper', or a 'trailer bailer' ..... or something like that, doesn't mean that we can't still enlighten the masses ........ ?

:biggrin_255:

SLANT6 Thanks this.
  5. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    You are very wise, Grasshopper.

Speedloader Thanks this.
  6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    I can feel D O G breathing over my shoulder... I think I'll keep quiet lol

Trailer bailer might work, fitting 48-56' feet of trailers on the trailer makes for fun loading.

Speedloader Thanks this.
  7. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Shoot, I've had to triple nest before. 2 minis in a medium, two mediums in a big one. And two of them that way. It took a couple hours to get it all secured, inside and out. Didn't do that long!

truckon Thanks this.
  8. corderol181

corderol181 Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Anybody got a 4500 3/4 car hauler? What are you registered for gvw?

9. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Add up all your axle weights. But 40k should cover you fine.

LGarrison and corderol181 Thank this.
  10. Esco

Esco Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2015
    https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/drivers

Classes of License and Commercial Learner's Permits (CLP)
    Pursuant to Federal standards, States issue CDLs and CLPs to drivers according to the following license classifications:

Class A: Any combination of vehicles which has a gross combination weight rating or gross combination weight of 11,794 kilograms or more (26,001 pounds or more) whichever is greater, inclusive of a towed unit(s) with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of more than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) whichever is greater.

Class B: Any single vehicle which has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of 11,794 or more kilograms (26,001 pounds or more), or any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight that does not exceed 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds).

Class C: Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is transporting material that has been designated as hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and is required to be placarded under subpart F of 49 CFR Part 172 or is transporting any quantity of a material listed as a select agent or toxin in 42 CFR Part 73.

- See more at: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/drivers#sthash.nFfdTnli.dpuf

11. Esco

Esco Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2015
    I posted that class list for the other guy but after reading this entire thread and having family in every part of the trucking industry hell you guys made me feel sad I bought two 3 car haulers and two trucks. I wanted to bring in some extra cash to my car lot. I do feel I can do that; now I know I cant make what you guys make. I don't want all the pie.

My set up is under 26,001 which means I do not need a CDL correct?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.