3 months in and only 1 load

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Deepg, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Deepg

Deepg Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2020
    Isn't that double brokering?

2. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    U better read the contracts when u are double brokering. I sure hope u get caught and lose your business

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I'm not a broker, I'm a carrier.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Nope and it's perfectly legal. How many brokers are TRULY direct with the customer? Very few. That's why they can't answer load specific questions most of the time because they aren't direct and can't just call the customer for the information. Same goes for rate negotiations and accessorials because they aren't actually working with the customer.

A vast majority of loadboard freight comes through a 3PL or a larger brokerage (XPO and CHR immediately come to mind) to a smaller brokerage and then to the carrier. I see it regularly. Every Agreement I've ever signs states in order to do that there must be a written agree to do so. Landstar and Mercer agents do it regularly also. Unfortunately, they're well known for not getting written permission first.

Jarhed1964 and No Exit Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Why would u advocate for a broker to double broker when ur a carrier? Would love to know the logic behind that.

There is a MAJOR difference between a large broker contracting another broker to move loads for them. Than just ripping off somebody elses freight because u cant find any business yourself. The 2nd one has a special place in hell reserved for people like that.

6. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    You should probably be making 100 calls a day. Take good notes on every call, Just because someone said no today doesn’t mean they will say no tomorrow.

7. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Spot market where it is now i don't understand how you can't pu new customers. Record yourself making a sales call and have someone else listen to it. Someone who won't blow smoke up your ### about how good it was.

8. TruthfulGeist

TruthfulGeist Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Ohio
    I can’t say what your issue is I can only tell you what I look for with a broker it is pretty simple I Haul whatever is paying the best and what makes sense meaning where the load is going and what is involved with that load for example a shipper that takes 10 hours to load I will pass up on and then the most important how will this Broker pay me!!?? My top brokers have quick pay for free and the brokers at the bottom of my list are net 30 days! Hope that helps

9. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Don't double broker, it's for dirt bags. Why would you want another brokerage (your direct competitor) to be more successful based on your hard work?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.