33 Week Short Lease Numbers from Last Year

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Prime-Mate, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    Strange, but somehow all weeks are almost the same gross. No wonder drivers in large numbers leaving Prime and they survive thanks to that student rip off program.

4. Oldfart trucker

Oldfart trucker Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    I just did 3807 and banked 7416.00.

5. Oldfart trucker

Jun 12, 2017
    My rate per mile was 3.08 per mile all miles 3.38 all loaded miles.this is o/o leased yo a small carrier that let me pick and choose my own freight and negotiate my own rates..
    I get %88 with my own reefer . And I dont run produce

6. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    I think you mean "the truck grossed". Don't want anyone to get the idea they can gross 12-15k pulling a reefer. Wont say some don't. Im sure it's happened. But I'd say it's rare.

7. Oldfart trucker

Jun 12, 2017
    No I get 88% this is my cut not the company cut my cut . Yes you can if you k ew h okw yo say no on low ball freight ,if I get like tql constantly bombarding with low ball numbers my always rate for them is $10,000 do I get it no but I dont want to haul there freight. If I hear a broker desperate needing a load hauled I will not haul for less than $3.00 even I nhhnn a bad area .setting or DH to a new area is ok by me.
    I have hauled loaded recently for 4. 75 a mile and have gotten even bigger offers but refuse because of where it's going or becaue of the products .
    It my truck trailer it my labor it's all my expense and if a broker does not understand that then please call the Russians or eastern Europeans or the Mexican carriers . But knowing how to say no is the key .
    Broker are you interested in going to so so place .
    Me no not really
    Broker I got 1700 in on 900 mile
    Me no thank you
    Broker what will it take
    Me weight,miles what is your product
    Broker weight is 44000 miles is 900 products is fresh chicken
    Me well that be 3300
    Broker 2000 is all I got in it
    Me no thanks have a good day
    Broker of I can get it to 3000 will you consider it
    Me no my rate is 3300
    Broker hangs up calls back in 5 min says 3300 ok .
    Or not does not matter to me I do not need t h.g.hat load I do not need to get back to a place.i can set here or look at another load 500 miles away for tommoro.

trucker28truck Thanks this.
  8. Oldfart trucker

Jun 12, 2017

9. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    This is real trucking. Nice job sir. Interesting what can you say about Prime Inc? and their rates.

10. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    This gives an idea of what you can make on a solo lease truck with prime. I am not a hard charger as you can see with those miles. There is virtually no maint on these trucks everything comes out of settlements. This was a short lease so I could take the last half of the winter off, and the only lease I didn't have a trainee on board. Getting too old and grouchy... The overall average is around 1500 in the bank a week....

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  11. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    That’s what made it to the bank and out of that you had to pay yourself. If you paid yourself .50 cpm, your left with .23 cpm. You then have to take out your payroll taxes you’re paying for yourself. Your final profit in the business is only .12-.15 cpm. That’s pretty thin for carrying all the risk. I know what Prime charges for those trucks because I thought about it before I bought my own truck. They charge way too much and it puts guys one major malfunction away from the poor house.
    You’re making money, and that’s good, but you’re profit is very thin. Use it while you can to save money and look at buying your own truck; you’ll have cheaper payments, you’re in full control, and you’ll have depreciation at your disposal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.