3406E oil and coolant issues - separate

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Marmon110P, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Marmon110P

Marmon110P Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Hey fella's, so back in December I did an inframe on this ol beast and things have been running great till about a month ago. It suddenly started using oil, more n more to where its now about a gallon every 400 miles or so. I was gonna run it to the end of the month n then dig into it, but now I have a new problem. 3 days ago I suddenly noticed it burning coolant, and the following day, my oil pressure had dropped from 53 to 33. I changed out the filter and now its back to normal again, but who knows for how long. I can see alot of steam out the stacks and when its idling, it doesnt seem smooth like normal, so I know its definitely burning coolant. I added 3 gallons last night, well se what tonight brings till I get home tomorrow. My fuel tanks are looking on the darker side, kinda like Im getting oil in the fuel. What do I do, where do I start and am I looking at an inframe again?? Also, my air compressor looks like its leaking and puking alot if oil, so Ive already got one of those on order...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.