386 Washer Pump NO POWER

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by bmac211, Apr 29, 2020.

1. bmac211

bmac211 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2020
    last 6:172482
    engine harness schematic: P94-6098
    cab harness schematic: P92-8332-00000

i have continuity everywhere.
    wipers work on every setting, just no washer pump.
    i have checked: turn stalk to CECU, yellow wire on washer pump back to pin 46 on firewall connector, from D3 on firewalll connector to pin 46 on "J50", and also from D3 (opposite side connection) on firewall connector to chassis node "C".
    im sure i left a few wires out. i have countless hours tracking down this issue to no prevail. very frustrated.

as i said, i have continuity everywhere seemingly. the only issue im having is figuring out which fuse "powers" the washer pump. in the cab there is a wiper system fuse (good), 2 diodes for wiper system, multiple relays. everything checks out. where the hell does the pump get power from????? i willl never understand why a 2 wire washer pump needs to go through 3 ecm's, multiple connectors, relays, etc. etc. etc. ridiculous.
    PLEASE HELP

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Pump is powered by G8 fuse on the firewall.
    G8 goes to chassis node connector C pin 15. Most likely corroded wire by drivers cab mount.
    Washer pump wiring is one of the longest circuits and jumps through multiple harness.
    Let me know if you need more help

4. bmac211

bmac211 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2020
    awesome. i just got back into the shop today, i will see what i can find from here. thank you

5. bmac211

bmac211 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2020
    found the issue.. rubbed wires by driver front cab mount area. a group of 5 or so wires loomed together (all red) dont remember exactly what the tag on the loom said but they all went up into the PDC . fixed the wires (what a pain to get to) and the pump operates as should. thank you @pushbroom i can't tell you how big a relief it is to finally have that job done without just throwing a toggle switch in the dash

6. Rusty970

Rusty970 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Can this be translated to simple driver language?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.