4 wheeler gets schooled in merging

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Trucking in Tennessee, Nov 24, 2020.

1. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I hate this industry. No balls. Always claiming that the truck driver is a professional. Should have done this or that to avoid someone who has the responsibility according to the law merge properly. I guess the truck driver should have stayed in bed that day. No wonder lawyers are having our lunch. Name another industry where as you drive down the interstate all you see are lawyer advertisements asking you've been in an accident with a truck. A few more years and am out. Absolutely no balls.

alds and Bud A. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I hear what you are saying, but there are always a few idiots that get by hiring and safety, because most of those idiots have never driven a truck before. They just see a clean sheet of paper and know it will pass their insurance. Look at the other thread, with bozos hitting a 12 foot underpass weekly with box trucks and semis. No wonder they get sued for stupidity, and deservedly so. Even though this guy was 100% right in maintaining his lane, when I get in this situatioins I ask myself do I - A: Want to spend an hour talking to the police, safety, etc. B: Do i really want this on my record. C: What if I killed someone and had to live with that, and D:. Now I get to waste more time going to court on top of giving depositions to lawyers, etc. It is just not worth.it.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  4. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    I agree that if I saw this idiot coming up on my right in a red convertible, I would have done what I could to avoid the collision. Probably the driver in this video feels the same way, but who knows.

It's impossible to tell if the driver even knew the idiot in the red Bimmer had decided to try to pass him on the right before they made contact. The first part of the video shows the car dropping back like he's going to merge behind him. It's not until 25 seconds later that the red car speeds way up to try to pass on the right. The car driver certainly had enough time to make a better decision.

The truck's speed is pretty constant between 53 and 55 mph, so I don't think he was trying to prevent the moron from merging -- I think he just didn't see him. Also, there's a can hauler on the shoulder with triangles out, so probably if the driver is looking to his right, he's paying attention to that rather than whether someone's accelerating like mad to get around him on the right.

Not only that, the red car didn't have to turn into the truck. The shoulder continued even if the paint stripes didn't.

The only thing I can fault the truck driver for is the paint job on the truck and the crappy music on the video.

5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    So many 4 wheel drivers would rather sun bathe in the nude on top of a fire ant nest rather than simply let off the gas and merge BEHIND a tractor trailer.

iomi.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Reason for edit: Nooooooo!!!!
    Bud A. and mjd4277 Thank this.
  6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I had one going east on I-24 near Chattanooga. Most of you know the place. RIght before the bridge. So a semi gets on going pretty slow because it's a terrible place to try and get up speed. So Suzy SUV decides she doesn't want to be behind him any longer and pulls into the left lane of the interstate doing 40 mph. I crammed the brakes and sat on the horn but I doubt it even bothered her. They only have one thought on their mind - don't be behind a semi.

alds, justcarhaulin, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I almost had a merge accident this year because I slowed down.

Guy was coming in on the ramp fast, so I backed off to give him space. Then the moron slammed on his breaks, but not enough to stop him from entering my lane. I barely got by him before his momentum carried him into my lane.

alds and Bud A. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.