48 foot flat kingpin setback on rentals.

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by blairandgretchen, Jan 3, 2015.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    As the titile said -

Any LS guys know what the KP setback is on these - before I mount this headache rack on the back of the T2000 and find out I need some more . . . . adjustments!?

I rang LS yesterday, no response.

The truck has an upright exhaust on the passenger side, and a fire extinguisher mount on the drivers side. I may need to change the exhaust to a weed burner if they have 30 or 36" setbacks.

By my trig, the clearance on a 30" is 59.5", and I think I'm too close with 72" from KP to muffler bracket, less 14" for the rack, . . . . 58" . . . .

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    The FT. corner of new set back flat bed is 53in. from center of pin to outside corner of trailer , I measured with trailer turned an ft. corner closest to headboard, you should have room like it is now, be sure the load does not hang over ft. of trailer if load is 8ft 6in wide extra care to load it back from ft. edge of flat bed.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Set back on the trailer you measured? Is that the 96" one in the yard, or 108" - 108" would make a difference, right?

5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    It was a new 102in. wide with set back pin like 1 year old that pre/stress plant rents by the mo.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  6. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Their rentals are 30" setback for the 48' flats - got hold of a woman in the trailer utilisation department.

She also said they are no longer charging the $170/week, but taking 8% of revenue instead . . . . aaaaah . . . . . no thanks.

This of course at odds with recruiting and 'corporate' . . . .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.