Schneider 5 Point Quarterly Score Card on Compass?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TheTruckersWife, Oct 15, 2018.

1. TheTruckersWife

TheTruckersWife Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Is there anyone here who can tell me a little bit more about this score card on Compass, how it works, and the overall effect it has on employment with Schneider? I'm assuming its used for bonus metrics, but maybe there's more. No emergency, mostly a curiosity factor. Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    @gentleroger

TheTruckersWife Thanks this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    It is for calculating bonus payout only. You can dig down into a lot of the metrics that SNI looks at as well, but no one looks at those unless they are looking for data to suppoet termination.

For the bonus you get judged off of 3 areas.

1) Return to work - when you are released for TAH, you set your NAT for when you will be ready to roll. You must complete the return to work task within an hour (early or late) of that time. This area is worth 1 point. If you miss more than twice, you get zero points.

2) Fuel compliance - you must be 85% compliant to where Navigo tells you to fuel. If you fuel where they want you to on a load, youbwould be 1/1. If you skip it, no big deal, you're 0/0. If you skip it and fuel elsewhere, then you would be 0/1. If you fuel where they told you to and somewhere else as well, then you're 1/2. Fueling at OCs does not count for or against you - you're 0/0 each time regardless of whether or not it was a designated stop. So if you need a noncompliant fueling, go to an OC othereise avoid fueling at OCs as it lowers your total number of fuelings.

Hit 85% compliance and earn 1 point .

3) Fuel economy. Every tractor has a fuel economy standard based on make, model , age, etc. This standard is adjusted to your driving configuration - ie a local guy running the same truck as an otr guy will have a lower standard. You are expected to meet the standard for your truck. If you do, you earn 1 point. If you exceed the standard, you can earn up to 3 points.

If you earn 3 points, your linehaul rate for the next quarter goes up by 2 cpm. 4 points is 3 cpm, 5 is 4 cpm.

5. TheTruckersWife

TheTruckersWife Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Thanks again @gentleroger - I appreciate your answers. I like to look at it to see where improvements can be made overall. So far, 2/5 due to 3/4 fuelings that comply.. which is random, but then again, I'm not the one in the truck yet. Heh.

100.88% MPG comply, 70.49% cruise control, 99/22% Top Gear Driving, anyway, that's neither here nor there. I just wanted to be sure that if it hit the 0 mark for some stupid reason, that it would just affect a bonus that's not expected this quarter anyway and not be pointed to as a reason for being fired.

6. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    You can play games to get the fuel compliance up. If you only put in 50 gallons at a time it almost gaurantees a fuel solution on the next load. It can backfire, but can be effective, especially if you have the next load assigned before your fuel stop.

TheTruckersWife and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    correction. you can work within the system as designed to maximize bonus potential.......

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    It used to be if you showed full at one stop it wouldn't give you a fuel solution. And if you showed mty at another ,it would give you the closest place.
    That's how I worked it. But that was 6 years ago

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    when I would go to terre haute to pu and/or del I was ALWAYS given the pilot at ex 11 going in. Was ALWAYS given the same pilot going out. THE SAME DAY, within an hour or so of each other.

After having driven approx 11 miles on full tanks, was told to fuel 100plus gallons. EVERYTIME.

10. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    There are "quirks" in the system. There is no fix for these quirks as there is not enough demand for the program for it to be worth reprogramming.

Also there is now a sensor in the tanks that "determines fuel level". Driver input is only used if the sensor doesn't have a reading.

11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.