5-year-old girl dies in crash that threw her from sleeper berth

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by lovesthedrive, Oct 21, 2019.

1. chico9696

chico9696 Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2009
    USA
    D.Tibbitt, x1Heavy and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Awwwww man. I feel for their family

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    R.I.P. little girl. Prayers for her and her family.

5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Prayers for the family. It is so sad.

D.Tibbitt and mjd4277 Thank this.
  6. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    This was on the Illinois side. I'm actually surprised there aren't more accidents like this on that bridge. I ran out of East St. Louis for the last year and a half. Learning how to get across the St. Louis bridges from various locations along the river takes some time, especially because of all the construction that's going on. But even without the construction, it's a mess of spaghetti.

The Poplar Street Bridge ("PSB") is weird. The road splits and then rejoins after going through a 90° curve. This accident happened at the gore point where the lanes split just after crossing the river. It can be confusing if you don't go through there often, especially with the active construction.

It's very busy, and carries traffic for I-64 and I-55, and it joins I-44 on the Missouri side. It used to be the bridge across for I-70 as well, but I-70's route was replaced by the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge (aka the "Stan Span") further north in 2014.

The Eads bridge (aka "The World's First All Steel Bridge") north of the PSB has a weight restriction. You can bobtail across it, but that's about it.

The MLK bridge to the north of the Eads was the old bridge for Routes 40 and 66, and has been closed for construction for a year.

The Stan Span is the next one north, and the McKinley bridge is north of that. McKinley is very useful sometimes for getting from Granite City or even National City over to the plants just to the north of it along the river on the Missouri side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.