5700 Manual Fan Clutch Switch Installation

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by ShortCircuit, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Bobtail Member

May 7, 2017
    I want to install a fan clutch switch in my 5700. To my understanding I need to wire it to the fan clutch solenoid to manually engage it. Can anyone please share a wiring diagram?

2. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    no one will have wiring diagram of you truck. each truck's wiring diagram is different and you can get it from dealer. they must run your trucks vin. I want to help you. I have never opened the door of 5700 and I don't know it has Sam modules or not. What year is your truck? That truck has SAM Cab module? If it has Sam Cab then I can tell you what to do to switch on or off the fan.

3. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Bobtail Member

May 7, 2017
    It’s 2017 5700XE, how can I check if I have SAM module? I have a laptop with DDDL and NexIQ interface. My only plausible plan is to wire a switch in the AC high pressure sensor, when circuit is open fan clutch is engaged. However I would like a more elegant and permanent solution without having to modify sensor wire harness.

4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    2017 . has different module.
    your plan is a good one. it works on pre 2017 models . Try it.
    Just for info- CPC has not connected cavity and if you put toggle switch between ground and that cavity fan will come on after 5-8 second delay. Open DDDL and go to A&I DDEC manual, in help/troubleshootings. Search in A&I DDEC manual for fan activation. You will see which one is that cavity for your truck. CPC is located under dash . I Don't know exactly where in your truck. Just ask dealer where it is located.

ShortCircuit Thanks this.
  5. Commander1

Commander1 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2017
    CPC is located behind ash tray.

mhyn Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted