579 foglamp fuse/relay

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by jrtexgunner, Sep 30, 2019.

1. jrtexgunner

jrtexgunner Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Does anyone know the fuse or relay location for the foglamps on a 2014 Pete 579? I've looked through the fuse boxes under the dash and on the engine side firewall, but can't find anything that appears to be for the foglamps. Getting no power at the lamp connector, but the switch illuminates when turned on.
    Thanks,
    -JR

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Headlamps and Key must be on for foglamp power. If you still have issues I will trace the circuit for you.

Labeled G7 under hood, Location G10 inside and K14 inside

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    pushbroom and spsauerland Thank this.
  4. jrtexgunner

Sep 1, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. Key on, lights on, lowbeam or high, still no power at the light. Switch lights up but that's it.
    If you can find a fuse or relay position I can check, that would be much appreciated.

-JR

5. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    G7 Under hood @ firewall is chassis node power in. Also check fuses G10 and K14 these should be good since you switch lights.

Chassis Node connector B under cab Pin 15 is power out direct to lights.

Power in from fuse is same connector pin 18

pushbroom and spsauerland Thank this.
  6. jrtexgunner

Sep 1, 2013
    Well, thanks for that info. It is much appreciated. I looked around in there and reset the relay at G7, and then started getting power to what I finally was able to read as N3-fog driving/fog lamps. So now have 12v at that fuse and about 10 at each lamp plug, but no lights. So on to checking the actual lamps themselves.

7. Cooper7623

Cooper7623 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Did you get it figured out? I'm having the same issue with my 2016 579. Found the fuse, I cannot find a relay. Switch lights up, headlights are low, and the truck is running. Still no power at the light.
    I'm stumped.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.