60 illegals found in tractor trailer in S. Texas

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Getsinyourblood, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Well - this'll be the second, and last time I say this (because I hate repeating myself) - won't be long before EVERYTHING / EVERYONE is searched at a border crossing. And I won't feel bad about it.

The less you F around the fewer problems you find. Pretty simple.... One would think.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This is odd. Lately I've been hearing all these stories from the administration that deportations are way up, and nobody wants to come here to the US anymore because of fear of deportations ... yet we keep seeing these captured illegals being smuggled in ... and these are just what get caught. How many get by undetected?

My point is nothing has changed other than increased detection efforts (this is a good thing BTW). It's the same today as it was 20, 10 and 5 years ago with regards to illegals flooding in under the radar. But these in the news lately? These are just tiny fractions of what are coming in each and every day that we don't stop.

Look at all the Mexican-based "tour buses" driving throughout the USA. They have much fewer occupants going south than they do going north. Just sayin' it's easy to get in legally in air conditioned comfort [if you have a passport], then simply don't go back.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    There is an old saying about criminal activity in general:
    "For every one you catch, there are 10 that get away with it."
    One cannot assume that the latest human smuggling events are flukes. The most reasonable assumption is that there are 100's successfully crossing every week. I have often wondered about the north bound busses, too. With so many Sanctuary Cities, there is bound to be infrastructure and contacts set up to assimilate the illegals in these cities.

Let's just hope there won't be backups at the inspection stations.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you travel to the USA from a foreign land you have a good chance of finding others of a like feather from your old homeland. Once you do that, your chances of success take off.

There is always a certain amount that gets in. After all, there is about a 1600 mile border to patrol. If you wanted to stop all illegal entry, you will need to deploy two field armies of about 300,000 total and that should put a man every 50 yards on that line 24/7.

Everything will have to be stopped that is trying to come north and everyone evaluated. It would remind me of Heathrow after a international flight has come in that we did once in customs. Stand in a large hall capable of holding thousands of new arrivals until they can get to customs officer.

We are built on immigration. And anyone coming here to drive at half wages of .30 a mile is probably grateful they can do it.

ASmallFleetDriver Thanks this.
  6. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    We still have it easier than people in western Europe with their ###### in the head "leaders". I am an immigrant and I am amazed what some people do to get here. But on the other hand being from a decent (and becoming better every day) place to live maybe I shouldn't judge.

7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    "...found in a load of ice-covered broccoli..."

Now you know why you're supposed to wash your veggies and fruits. o_O

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    why law accepts those who enter illegally to begin with is beyond me. just get inside and all will be well.

9. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Thats why I dont eat fruits n veggies unless they been grilled.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.