600 hp isx glider option.... anyone?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by V c2c, Jan 14, 2018.

1. V c2c

V c2c Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Waco Texas
    Have seen a few of these out there now. I know Fitzgerald has the option, along with D&B. Anyone have any experience with them as far as in the gliders. Wondering how well the rebuild is compared 2 the cat or 60series. We are purchasing a glider this summer and trying 2 decide which option we want. The n14 is out, c15 and 60 both have pros and cons. Just wondering about the 600hp isx reman.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    The Signature 600 wasn't that great of a motor back when it was first introduced in the early 2000's, so I wouldn't think anything has changed with a reman.

The N14 is the best out of all the electronic Cummins engines.

The Series 60 would be the next best choice.

4. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I can’t speak for the reman, but...
    The ISX is a strong running good pulling motor when it’s not in the shop for emissions issues...I’ve driven several and they were strong runners.
    Deleted they will really get out there and run.
    Only drove one Signature 600 it was also in the shop a lot, when it wasn’t it was a strong runner.
    Fitzgerald built Series 60’s have been nothing but trouble for me and a guy I drove for a couple years ago...He bought 3 brand new, 2 of the 3 were rebuilt before 500k miles...The one I was driving before I quit was pushing oil at 300k, a rebuild on it was probably not far off.
    Currently in a N14 from Fitz it’s leaking oil but so far it’s been a decent motor.
    We just got some Cats in gliders waiting to see how they are.
    I never had any trouble with 3406e’s new but the reman thing has me a little concerned.

Hope that helps YMMV !

5. V c2c

V c2c Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Waco Texas
    Ya I have heard of the problems with the 60s from them. I will be going with a factory rebuilt more then likely. Just wasn’t sure if anyone had seen one of these in a glider yet.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  6. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Hope you own shares in Cummins if you buy an isx.

7. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I’m surprised there are enough pre-egr signature 600’s left to offer them. They were well known to ventilate blocks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.