77 Bags of Yard Waste.

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Mike2633, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    So this weekend I installed a new lawn at my house my self. I had 77 bags of yard waste. I only filled the bags half way to make sure they were not to heavy.

Anyhow I thought, gee, that's a lot of waste I don't want them saying "Nope" and driving on by.

So what I did, was I had a $25.00 gift card to Domino's Pizza and I took the gift card and put it in an envelope in a plastic bag and taped it between two snow plow marker polls which I put in front of some of the lawn bags, that way when the man came he was able to get a little prize for taking the yard waste and not just driving by. I think that was good, because all my yard waste was gone and he got $25.00 gift card to Domino's out of it.

Do you guys ever get tipped or gift cards around Christmas time or a little extra if someone has a wee bit much of lawn waste?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    I don't haul trash

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    That was very cool of you to only fill the bags halfway, and to leave the gift card. If I ever had to put out that much waste I would definitely do the same thing, because that's a lot more work at one stop than the guys normally deal with.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.