850,000 drivers license expired in Texas

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Getsinyourblood, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Just a heads up if your DL is expiring soon.
    -----------------------
    As of April 1, the Texas Department of Public Safety said there are approximately 858,000 expired drivers’ licenses in the Texas DPS system. Most of those drivers will have to renew their licenses in person. DPS says around 130,700 of the expired licenses are eligible for online renewal.
    If your license expired during the pandemic, it’s time to renew. Appointments are required for in-person renewals and some North Texans say it can be a struggle to find an open spot.

As a Drivers' License Waiver Ends, North Texans Report Long Waits for DPS Appointments

NavigatorWife and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I did my drivers license online in June of 2020, no problems. My car license plate expired in April 2020. Had to get an inspection before they renew that online. Got that done 1 week after it expired and got it renewed that first week of May 2020.
    The registration system was only down for a month or so. These people have procrastinated and it will come back to bite them.
    State inspection stations have been open since May 2020 so there was no reason not to renew car licenses.

NavigatorWife and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    I'm not saying you didn't do that. But here is what the DPS says.

CDLRENEWAL.JPG
    Here is the link to that above:
    Section 14: Commercial Driver License (CDL) | Department of Public Safety.

The Get in Line, Online link is to schedule an appointment hopefully that is close to where you live. When I tried to get in line in January of 2021, every DL office near me was backed up 60 to 90 days. I ended up getting an appointment in Cleburne, TX which was 65 miles away the very next day. But that was luck.

Link to Get in line, Online:
    Driver License Services – Appointments | Department of Public Safety

The News article states there are almost a million expired drivers license in Texas due to Covid. There is no denying that the system is backed up severely.
    Now you might get lucky and get an appointment right away. But you may not.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    This is the kind of 3rd world crap I always laughed at when it happened in the Philippines. For instance it took 3 years to get an actual metal license plate there. Until then you just used a sharpie and a piece of cardboard.

Just another sign that idiocy has severely outbred competence in this country as well.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    DPS has been back open since July these people just sat around and didn’t care... end it was highly publicized locally when they were reopening these people are just lazy

Flat Earth Trucker and ZVar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.