90 day DOT medical card issued/Sleep test required, Need advice please

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by CK73, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a couple of websites to check:
    www.rpmhst.com
    &
    www.inspiresleep.com - this one is FDA approved and some VA hospitals will pay for it, if you're a military veteran.

CK73 and TexasKGB Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    You know I don't think what the doctors are doing is accurate I am right at the limit myself by my neck size and I'm a wide man but im not at all what I think of as being over weight im 6 foot and 190 pounds and most pickups my shoulder's are wider than the seats now yes I know that I can loose some weight but I am happy with the way my body looks and I rest well at night

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You did not have to let your cdl get downgraded. You could have went to the Drivers license office and Self Certified as either "Excepted Interstate" or "Excepted Intrastate". You could run loads but your cdl willnot be downgraded. Even if you don't plan on needing the cdl again, never say never. I oftrn see guys coming here to TTR saying they wish they hadn't let their cdl go.

5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Hmmm! Interesting. That is a new one to me. Back in 2016 when I renewed and had to update the photo I was required by the state DPS to do the Self-Certification Affidavit. At that time I did the “Excepted Intrastate”. The state DPS has always sent official reminder letters every year 1 at 6 months before med cert expires and 1 each for the 3 months before med cert expires telling you that the cert is a requirement and has to be updated or you will be down graded. Maybe a Texas thing?

6. jeastonjr

jeastonjr Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Weymouth,Ma.
    CK, I can tell you what I did.
    I Gave up all dairy.
    No milk cheese butter.
    I lost 20lbs in a month

kemosabi49 and Ridlingdj Thank this.
  7. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I gave up all soda and caffeine and lost 10-15 pounds in a month

TexasKGB Thanks this.
  8. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green

You're clearly a serious guy. Well, at least in everything except your weight and making threats you can't back up.

Why are you dismissing a medical professional's opinion?

If you say a tire is bad, or alignment is off, or dispatch ####ed up; your word is gold right?

You're headed for early heart failure, dementia, and disability; and you want other people to

A: make you feel better about it

and

B: pay for it

6'2" track star was 25 years ago. Current you can't see his dick when he pisses.

Do you want a hug? Or do you want to stop eating and live for another 25 years?

I guess disability and Wal-Mart scooters will make you feel good when you're slurring and can't walk.

Drink that coke. Eat that burger. It'll feel good.

Ridlingdj Thanks this.
  9. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    In 90 days you should be able to easily lose 30 lbs probably more. Why not do that and try to get a two year card when the 90 days is up?

TexasKGB Thanks this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I started the lo carb diet on Oct 28. Have stuck with it (except for Thankgiving dinner) and today I'm down 32 lbs. I'm wearing pants I thought I'd never wear again and my energy level is so good I'm making a dent in the honey-do list. And except for Christmas dinner I'm going to stick with it for another 50 lbs.

CK73 and whoopNride Thank this.
  11. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    This guy has treated his body so badly he has to take anti-adrenaline drugs. Think about that. He lives in such a way his body is panicking constantly

This is human foible. His body is in constant, minor, emergency. His doctor is telling him to lose weight. His sleep is being affected (There's no such thing as "mild" apnea.) Insurance won't cover him well, he's worried about his BP and he's obese.

The majority of this could be fixed by cutting calories and walking an hour at night.

Buuuuuuuuut.....

It's everybody else's fault but his. He used to be a track star.

You know how insurance is a shared risk pool/lottery? OP is the risk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.