A bad day.

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Highway Hypnosis, Dec 20, 2016.

1. RollingRecaps

RollingRecaps Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Good job backing it down. While its in the shop have them fix the low air alarm i never heard it go off.

Highway Hypnosis and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway Hypnosis

Highway Hypnosis Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    It will never go to the shop. The owner wants me to fix everything for free. I keep this #### box going on a daily basis.

I disconnected the audible alarm a long time ago.

4. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been put in some unique situations where I had to get crafty to get a bush fix to get out of there but never anything like that. You didn't do too bad for that. The wheel issue. You know better so I won't say anymore about that.

After reading your last post it is time to move on from that guy. He will do nothing for you. If you get a ticket for running his stuff like that it will all be on you and he will deny all of it. Don't put yourself into that situation ever agian. You license is worth more to you than that.

Mike2633 and Highway Hypnosis Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Reconnect that alarm or get out of that company. I think it's a DOT required for that alarm to work. Even the most basic newbie knows this.

Im not here to give you a hard time more than what you had. Im sorry you are stuck in a box that is fixing to hurt you more than ever. Hop out. Go run for someone else who will maintain the equiptment.

Mike2633, Highway Hypnosis and crb Thank this.
  6. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Makes me glad I haul oil in Texas and not North Dakota.

But seriously, this is why I'll never haul for an Owner Operator.

They're too cheap to fix stuff.

Those wheels are a threat to your life. Even if they don't kill you a DOT will fine you massively.

The OO won't pay the fine;you will.

They'll say you never should of taken the truck in that condition.

7. Highway Hypnosis

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    It was over 6 hours of stress for nothing... didn't even get paid.

Got the truck back though.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    x1Heavy and Wymon Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    MOTIVATINTG

Im not military (Deafness) but I consider myself a Marine Kid. A Marine Officer infused some of his ethics off from Korea onto me long ago.

Highway Hypnosis Thanks this.
  9. Highway Hypnosis

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    I just sent this to the truck owner & Gstyle dispatch... can't wait for their reply:

"E200 is dangerous... it needs fixed. Needs a new radiator or else the engine will shut down at random. I've been trying to get by for weeks putting in 6 gallons of antifreeze at a time just to have it spill out immediately. But the cracked steer rim is enough to put this truck out of service... its rolling the dice everytime I take out this truck with a known weakness in an aluminum rim. The only solution I can think of at this point is to get E201 started and run it... which I am willing to do the cold start but I need $$$ to buy kerosene & for the taxi fare. I think I could have E201 started in a day."

10. ur2ez83

ur2ez83 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Clayton, NY
    Do you have hazmat? I worked for a guy who ran 5 newer trucks hauling crude in stanley. Pay was about 2400 week.

11. Highway Hypnosis

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    ITL? Have hazmat, tanker & 3 years of oil field experience. Ran vacs, gears & double bottoms.

My friend just hooked me up with a 9 to 5 regional job in Minot. $28/hr, $3k sign on, guaranteed 40, weekends off & health insurance.

Tomorrow I have to do what I hate doing the most... I have to break my boss's heart who entrusted me to run his trucks for the winter.

RockinChair, x1Heavy and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.