A good company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by WesternPlains, Feb 4, 2022.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I say I’m now happy where I’m at. They try.
    Here’s an example of what makes them good.
    Had a run to NE. 5 drops. We had this winter storm moving to NE. All kinds of talk.
    I hit it hard to beat it for my deliveries. Succeeded. Then set up with a backhaul out of York PA. It turned bad. Here today, Friday. I didn’t want to push my luck. All kinds of freezing rain, sleet etc. Temps dropping all morning. At 33f. Told dispatch I didn’t want to go anywhere else today. Road conditions getting too iffy. They said ok. Have to set me up with something Monday. That meant sitting here in York all weekend. Got a call later today from dispatch. Said my next pickup will be in St Louis Monday morning. I know that was a gift to me. There is plenty up here to haul. They didn’t want to stick me with sitting in York all weekend.
    That’s a good company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    When you move, they make money too)

4. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    850 miles of deadhead.

5. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    It is cheaper than truck idling 3 days with uncertainty to be loaded next week. I did a few of those long empties during 2020 spring when there was almost nothing. Just surprised a bit, that company in business for quite some time can't find anything moving now.

6. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    $600 or so if fuel is cheap to get the truck moving. On the other hand it sounds like they took your concerns into account. Sounds like your happy there.

I'm a cheap pushover. After afew days of being stuck due to I-80 being closed my company put me up in a hotel just to get me out of the truck for a day. Treat a driver with respect and they'll be your best recruiting tool.

7. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    There is no uncertainty of loads out of the NE. Besides... we have a bunch of loads out of a place in Joisey. Can’t load till Monday.
    The St Louie. It’s always a partial and hazmat. It’s Moonshine. He has some difficulty getting it because of that. Usually has a partial here. Then pick up St Louie. This time he found another partial in Kansas City.
    Funny... where we deliver the moonshine. Not enough room for a 53 footer and OTR condo. Guy tells them to send a day cab. Our guy had me deliver there once. Talked with the guy. Sent picture from my cab of on the dock. It was all trees and bushes in the windshield. Guy there told me; Anybody who gets a condo with a 53 footer on my dock. He gets a free bottle of booze. (Gin or Vodka) hehe. I opted for a kiss from his Pit Terrier.

8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    What’s the company?

Boondock and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Nunya INC. :)

10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I reckon so…

Boondock and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  11. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Not sure they’ll allow me to say.
    Im not recruiting.
    It’s just a good small company that tries.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.