A good school

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jkd, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jkd

jkd Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Swedesboro, New Jersey
    Can anyone recommend a good school in the New York/New Jersey area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Hey JKD, welcome, Im a student at All State Careed School in Lester Pa, out of all the schools in this area All State would be your best bet. All the other school are " 21 day wonders ", a lot of companies chose NOT to take students from them. All State offers a 6 month program. 3 months are classroom, and the other 3 months are on the range working on manuvers such as 108 & Airbreaks, Straight Line Backing, Sight Side Backing, Blinde Side Backing, Ally Doc then All Skills which consist of a lil bit of all the skiils, you spend 2 weeks on each skill and get tested on the thursday of the 2nd week.
    Its a 480 hour course. A few weeks ago I had suggested to a nother " Potential Student " not to join our school due to my dis-saticfaction, however, i may not agree with " SOME " of the learning that we got, but we recently learned that us as students run that whole operation. We voiced out opinions and saw changes with-in the hour.
    I have 4 weeks left down there, and it seems like just yesterday I was saying " I CANT WAIT TO GET OUT HERE!!!! " and now Im like " I want this learning to last a bit longer then only 4 more weeks " !!
    Your going to be looking at a price of close to $9,000 to do this. however, All State will work with you. As opposed to the other schools in the area, they dont require money upfront as long as you can get Financial Aid.
    I hope I was able to help, please, if you have any questions reply back, ill be honst about everything.
    Good Luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.