A Great Honest Trucking Company to Start my Career-Dallas Area

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DillonJ, Sep 27, 2019.

1. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I drive for J Rayl Transport, out of their Sunnyvale, Texas terminal (just east of Dallas). It’s dry van not reefer, and they don’t pay a ton, but they stay busy. I’m on track to make $60k this year. Good folks, too.

jon69 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Check out Tyson foods pay good and treat you well.

DillonJ Thanks this.
  4. DillonJ

DillonJ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    I applied for them already.

5. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    They are hiring right out of school and giving extensive training for new guys. It’s a union job and you will enjoy some of the best benefits of your life

DillonJ and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    I'm very sorry to say that the two words you use, "honest" and "trucking", seldomly go together. Be cautious about things and ask them to put the job offer in writing. It won't guarantee you get honesty but you'd be surprised at how many companies will refuse to do so and, in the process, reveal their bad intentions.

Also, avoid any "mega" company. Most of them have cheating down to an art form.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Wish they'd update their website to show hiring new cdl school grads

luckyduo and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  8. LeedoShuffler

LeedoShuffler Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    I’m with Mud23069. I’ve been with Magnum LTD going on three years now. I grossed over 73k last but I’m out quite a bit, usually 4-6 weeks at a time. I like the office staff, the equipment and the miles. My only complaint is the 64mph speed limit on the trucks.

9. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @tarmadilo Are you a first-year driver there? What is their training like?

luckyduo Thanks this.
  10. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Yes, I started training with them at the end of December, been running OTR since the end of January and now dedicated since the beginning of September.

Training was good, a week at the terminal doing classroom and in yard training (backing and docking), a week of local driving with a trainer, then a couple of weeks doing regional driving with a trainer. By the time I finished, I was good to go.

They definitely react to your speed of learning. I have to admit that, after 20 years of driving buses with automatic transmissions, I was slow to adjust to a 10-speed. There were drivers in my class who graduated a week before I did.

11. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    Are you based out of the Dallas area? It does not sound like it? Though you mentioned you are out of Sunnyvale! Do you unload? You mentioned you are on track to making $60k this year? I thought the Sunnyvale is all regional. That is the job that I am getting. Home on weekends!

The recruiter seemed one of the better ones I talked to. Also, the training pay is better or par with other carriers. And they are not a Mega. So I am starting with them tomorrow. Do I read you correctly that they are patient with you and don't rush you into learning and work with you on your weaknesses?

Any other advice or pointers you'd like to share with me to be successful with them?

luckyduo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.