A Great Place to Rest Your Head! (Lewiston, ME)

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by KillingTime, May 25, 2017.

1. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    BAD PRETRIP! Operator should check before leaving anyways. Cant help if vagrant is related to Frank Gallagher of Shameless (he also slept under a trailer)

4. Offroad1978

Offroad1978 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2017
    NY
  5. DoneYourWay

DoneYourWay Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    apparently sleeping in or around commercial vehicles is a thing, now i always put a lock on my trailer because during two pretrips i found folks sleeping inside the empty trailer, awkward and potentially dangerous for me

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    How was the wake up call delivered?

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I always look around the docks that you go down into when its dark, especially in the middle of the night to see if some failed lease op is sleeping down there.

8. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Hay, @Ougigoug .... maybe you should rethink that hammock thing?!?

9. DoneYourWay

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    i had no idea anyone was in there either time, i guess opening the trailer doors makes a lot of noise inside the trailer because they woke up right away, both times it was peaceful homeless folks just using my clean mt trailer to sleep out of the elements and i was not scared because these dudes were only laid back and sleepy but after the second time i recognized how this could easily go bad in a hurry so i lock her up every time now, both times as soon as i opened the door i looked at them and they looked at me, i didn't even have to say anything because they immediately started to grab their stuff to leave, i stepped away from back of trailer and they scampered out right away, they didn't leave a mess or damage anything

G13Tomcat and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Wonder if they had a friend close the door behind them?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. DoneYourWay

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    yup, someone closed it for them but it sure wasn't me, i used to sweep out the trlr right before i hit the rack

it bothered me that i didn't hear or feel them moving around back there or the doors opening and closing and it makes me crazy what a rube i am because my truck and trailer have been tampered with a lot while sleeping (stolen: fuel, load locks, spare tire and bungies, pulled fifth wheel, pee on splash guards, leaving trash on catwalk and piles of butts on ground next to cab window, moving my mirrors, diesel poured in my def) and so i avoid taking my sb at truck stops whenever possible

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.