A lease/purchase company that allows you to book own loads

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by dashaker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    Landstar does NOT do lease purchase on the truck. The trailer, yes. Truck no.

You don’t lease a brand new truck, you buy it with financing from a bank, credit union, or the manufacturer. You’ll need a down payment, (not really for someone with bad credit), but it never hurts to apply. Paying cash is also not a good idea, you’ll be missing legitimate business expenses - interest. Yes have cash to fund your operation with, so you can ride out the rough spots, and not starve in the beginning. I would not recommend Lonestar, easy credit from Lonestar, but you’re really buying a used truck. New is the way to go, with full warranties. Spec’d exactly to fit your needs.

Landstar is a 100% Owner Operator company, no L/Ps to compete with, and yes, you pick your own loads 100% of the time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. steelcitytrucka

steelcitytrucka Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Schneider, and interstate are 2 that I can think of that directly lease and have a load board. I know plenty of people happy and successful at Schneider but I’m not sure if they have anything other than freightliners

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Interstate Distributor did not lease directly, and no longer exists.

:(

6. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    So, you give the bank $100 in interest and then get to right off $33 :biggrin_2556:. If you want to just pay me the $100 each week, I'll give you $33 back!

I'm sorry, paying cash has way more benefits then the interest tax write off.
    They are no longer in business, Heartless Express purchased them earlier this year :biggrin_25510:

Such a shame to see another northwest company get taken over by heartless!

spyder7723 and JimmyWells Thank this.
  7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    thought the idea if your leased on to the company you'd just transport what they ask you to transport, it'd be in the small print on the contract you had to sign if you ask me leasing is just a big con i've never ever heard any successful stories from anyone thats leased.

8. traderpats

traderpats Light Load Member

May 24, 2013
    Oregon
    Schneider Finance leases Freightliners, KW's and Pete's.

9. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    If your example was for $100.00 only, that might be true, (why I pay off my credit cards in full every month) but this is NOT a $100.00 purchase. It is a $30,000.00 to $160,000 (new truck) +++ transaction, if you have not consulted a tax accountant, you could be making a huge business error by paying cash. And if you’re paying 33% interest, you’re not ready to finance a pack of gum. I agree, that it would feel good to pay cash for such a large purchase. But it could be a very poor business decision.

10. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Paying cash for a new truck?
    Let's say someone takes out your truck the first day you own it.
    Insurance company going to reimburse you $160k?
    I'm thinking a full maintenance lease and being able to write off 100% of the payment makes more sense..and dollars.

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You do not need an llc and an ein number is free.

JimmyWells and DrFlush Thank this.
  12. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    If your looking to do open deck DSV out of Missoula MT has what your looking for.

• Truckers Report Jobs