A ND R works you to death

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Nairbfs79, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Nairbfs79

Nairbfs79 Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2016
    A and R transport out of Morris Illinois will work you to death. The pay is good but with a catch. Heat stroke. Heart attack. We've had at least 2 drivers die of heart attacks and several others hospitalized with heat stroke. 106 degree heat index lugging hoses and vacuuming out of railcars. Dry bulk tankers with self loading trailers. Drivers beware!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    So, they pay good, but they expect you to actually work??? Who would've thunk it?

News flash....businesses don't shut down because it's hot. And they need their product to keep running, no matter what the temperature. Suck it up, buttercup

4. Nairbfs79

Apr 21, 2016
    I'm just saying with life so fragile and short, think of your options. I still work for them, but who wants to die or go to the hospital for a bunch of plastic pellets?

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If the sicknesses are the case you should have known it with a little research or they would be on local news.

Bakari742 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Nairbfs79

Apr 21, 2016
    Nah. These things aren't reported.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Are any of the places you unload or load air conditioned ?

8. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Are they rabbit pellets?

Hanginthere Thanks this.
  9. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Well, in all fairness, you could die anytime. Everything you do has some risk involved. You could simply be walking down a street and a car run over you. But does that stop you from walking?

I can't imagine it's too horrible at A&R, I've never met one of their drivers that was unhappy, and I've never heard anything negative about them.
    You mention vacuuming out rail cars, should I assume you're going inside? If that's the case, I can see your point. But simply hooking up hoses to a railcard to suck product out is part of the job. Messing with hoses is part of the game.

I pull tanker as well, in all weather, so for the most part, I know what it's like. But I've never hauled pellets, so I may be way off base here

supremegod Thanks this.
  10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Outside in the sweltering heat, running around trying to get loaded and unloaded, for sometimes 2 or even 3 hours... having to climb up in top of of the load in temps that can swing as much as 70 degrees depending on the time of the year... sounds like my job as a flatbedder... Only I'm tugging on tarps, chains, straps, having to climb up on top of a load of lumber and throw tarps, chaining down coils on a newly paved parking lot between a couple of steel buildings in the blazing summer sun with no air movement at all, and a 75% humidity rating... yeah, you boys got it rough

11. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Yeah, I've done flatbed work as well in my younger days. I can tell you I was in much better shape back then. I didn't do much tarping though. Mostly farm equipment which almost always required throwing oak planks on the outriggers or 8X8 oak blocks on the deck. I kinda miss all that. But, my job now is very easy, and pays much better

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.