A popular "truck driving training resource" gets a flattering

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TomCougar, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    short documentary about it on YooToob. I just stumbled across it by accident. It was very unique in content. If people here ever have time you might give it a watch. You might find it humorous to boot. I wouldn't eat or drink anything while watching as you might choke laughing. If you do decide to check it, please let us here know what you think of this movie short.

Do you know about this trucking website that the video documents? What are your opinions about that resource? Is it really a good training resource for those considering a new driving career?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Truckingtruth is the ultimate driver recruiting website. Their whole existence is to recruit new drivers and earn referral bonus money. They are not interested in anyone’s trucking experience or opinion. They don’t want anyone to bad mouth any sponsor trucking company, because it’s bad for the business. All of their mods work for Swift so I can’t even go there and bad mouth Swift. Lol.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    Hopefully Truckers Report is unbiased and independent as a trucking industry forum. If people say something they don't like about their company, they're welcome to say it here, maybe?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, there a thread on here for discussing bad trucking companies.
    That other website you can actually be banned for life if you don't recommend Swift.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Report A BAD Trucking Company Here

Just be sure that you can back up your complaints with facts.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    TruckingTruth has one section that is Diaries or Journals from people in CDL Schools. That is one of the most valuable resources that I have found when looking into training with different companies. I have gained a lot of knowledge there, and here. I believe in using multiple sources before making a life changing decision, like where to commit to spending at least the next year of my life.

The video in the OP would carry a lot more validity if it was from someone with a reputation in the business. If it was from someone who didn't just create their account a couple of weeks ago, and has only posted one video. Could it be from Todd or just someone else pissed off? Why hide behind a fake YouTube account?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Reason for edit: Added opinion of the validity
    tscottme Thanks this.
  8. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    It really seems that many people do not know the difference between facts and anecdotal information. That is a huge problem on the internet, not just in this industry.

I drive hybrid cars. People tell me all the time about how I'm going to regret it when I pay that $5,000 or $10,000 to replace the battery. When I ask them where they got their prices for the batteries, they look at me blankly.

I started thinking about going into truck driving in 2010 or 2011. I joined this site and have used it for research from time to time. Reading what some people like and don't like about the companies for which they work. I've had people tell me how bad certain companies are, but when I ask why they haven't left, if it is as bad as they say... I get that same blank look.

9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Correct! I know a guy that refurbs hybrid batteries in Tampa (and all general hybrid service) and I'd I remember correctly I think a Prius battery job it like $1800, I could be wrong here because I'm going off memory but I know it's definitely not $5000+

Midlife Trucker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've asked that question dozens of times and usually get that blank look.
    I've even heard, "I don't want to give the company the satisfaction of seeing me walk out the door."

11. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Right from his website
    I can also install a brand new factory Toyota battery for $2400

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.