A popular "truck driving training resource" gets a flattering

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TomCougar, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    Not to derail the topic but I rebuilt the battery from a 2000 Honda Insight MT on my kitchen table. It was basically 96 Industrial D Cell Batteries in sticks of 6. I think I spent a little over a hundred bucks to replace bad cells. The 2011 Prius and 2011 CR-Z are still going strong on original traction and IMA batteries, respectively.

My point is that while I have learned a ton of information, which is good, I only believe what I can corroborate with information from other sources. When someone creates an account to disparage another website, trash talk a company, or even insult an individual, we have to consider the source. Have they established themselves as a credible source of information? Did they back it up with facts?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    The video in the OP is crude and stupid, but some of the things that the guy says are true. It is true that you are not allowed to criticize the megas there - but they do allow and encourage criticism of small companies and owner operators - What does that tell you?

You mention the training diaries. What good are they if the moderators at the website insist that any difficulties a driver is having must be his/her own fault? And, that the big companies can do no wrong?

I would stick to the truckers report for training diaries, too. Here, a driver can write about ALL of their experiences without moderators trying to control the narrative.

88 Alpha and not4hire Thank this.
  4. Midlife Trucker

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    I haven’t found a section dedicated to training diaries here. I can find links to each carrier but not specifically training diaries sorted by carrier.

As to it being our fault. It is. You can’t fix a problem if you do not own it. It is important to use every tool and every resource available to make best decision.

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    This may get addressed later, as time allows, but I will tell you this, right up front. While we don't have a training diaries section like some other place you may be familiar with, know this.... this forum has it's own identity. We don't want to be like any other place. Why bother having this forum if it's just like somewhere else?

Every member, new and old, can start a "diary" here on this forum. Have you not seen the countless threads similarly named, "The adventures of (insert username here)"? That's our members telling about their experiences. Some of very long threads, some are short. Nonetheless, they are chronicling their journeys.

6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    This is just one I thought of off the top of my head. You will see job diaries like this and also training diaries like @88 Alpha said. There is a really good training diary about Pinellas community college on here you could find with a search. Very in depth and day to day.

FedEx Freight Diary (ala Russian Rabbit)

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  7. Midlife Trucker

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    I didn’t suggest that you make this forum like any other forum. But having a way to quickly find training diaries for a specific company could be beneficial. It could be done with tags or a section. Yes, I’ve seen countless threads that say “The Adventures of...”. And I waded through them to find what I was seeking.

8. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Maybe you misunderstood me. Of course, when we are just starting out, we are the cause of many of our difficulties. I was, however, referring to the types of problems that the company can reasonably be blamed for. Things like not being paid accessory pay as promised, not getting home-time as promised, not getting the miles the company promises, etc., etc.. When a Mega company is involved, the mods at that other website will either blame the driver for these types of problems or pretend that they are unimportant and ridicule drivers for their concerns.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. Midlife Trucker

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    I understood you. If it isn’t your fault, then you cannot fix it and you will be a victim over and over again. There are remedies for those problems, even with a mega carrier. If a company doesn’t back up, what it promises, in writing... If it isn’t in writing, it’s worthless. Then you have options. But until you accept responsibility, you will just be a victim. Own it, and fix it. Is accessory pay promised in writing? Is home time promised, in writing? Is the mileage guarantee in writing? No??? Who is at fault?

10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Or this epic tome...

Werner trainer craps himself

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    not4hire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.