A story for fuel protestors.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by ErieMcDreary, Apr 17, 2022.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Sad but true. People like to virtue signal about how they want bad enviromemtal things to go away but the main problem is just how much we rely on oil. And the fact we dont have an easy or sustainable way to replace the products made from it or to limit the harm they cause. Sure i would love to see us be greener most people do, but reality dictates that until and unless we can perfect a cheap easy power source AND a way to replace all the products that rely on oil to produce it simply can not happen in any way that wont leave most of us living like we are in the 1800s again at best.

Sadly most people are idiots and cant see past their nose and the one bad thing to see all the good things made by it. Not to mention they have a distinct "out of sight out of mind" view. I meam do you think china or saudi or any oil using nation are going to pay more then lip service to enviromental care? Hell no they will point and laugh while we go bankrupt and regress a hundred years while researching ways to clean up the mess with the cheap energy they have and prepareing to transition to other resources to unseat the morons eho dont while they have both the capital and the cheap energy to do so.

4. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I applaud her for her efforts and actually caring about the environment. I’ve worked in the oilfield for 22 years either drilling or driving and I’ve seen some horrible ####. Her caring is truly a great thing. Unfortunately she’s got no one to slap some sense into her to realize she just left a carbon footprint to fly across the world to cry in front of everyone and make a scene while wearing a mMec raincoat and synthetic made clothes, driving in cars, staying in hotels and no doubt holding a cellphone. Can we do things better and cleaner? Absolutely. Is turning the oil tap off and hoping power appears or going to 100% Nuclear absolutely not.

Side note, Any Albanian drivers here? You can probably remember what the old iron forest out by Marinza & Driza looks like. It’s appalling. But I can only imagine how long she’d last running her mouth in that country.

5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I wish I hadn't read that. Now I have to let my truck idle all night to compensate, and I'M AT MY HOUSE!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.