A transsexual truck driver

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by ErikaJSpangler, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikaJSpangler

ErikaJSpangler Bobtail Member

May 2, 2015
    athens ohio
    Hello my Name is Erika Spangler I am new to this board am looking for some advice.
    I have had my CDL license for 10 years and I drove various buses for many company's.
    I only have one year experience driving a 18 wheeler over the road.
    In 2011 I have come to terms with being transgender and came out to my friends and family. I have transitioned legally and now have female on my CDL license.
    The thing is I have not driven for almost 6 years and all of my experiance came when I was still male. So I applied to Schnider national as a regional driver, and was told by my driver recuriter that I would not have to go back to a truck driving school, that they would put me in thier new driver orientation which would last 18 days. I was told with my experiance that they would give me a $11,000 sign on bonus!! I was asked about my gender change and have provided my court documents of my name change and gender marker change. I go for my dot physical and drug screen on Wednesday. If everything works out I would start orientation may 18th.

My question is two fold have any of you have seen or know of another transsexual truck driver? & why does Schneider offer so much to a regional drivers as a sign on bonus??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    seen a few drivers with dresses and falsies
    still had beards

4. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA

Congrats on keeping up on your CDL and "finding yourself". As for the bonus, I would just take the money and not ask too many questions. Good luck and be safe.

5. 6daysontheroad

6daysontheroad Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Excuse me! But I lost my razor.

6. ErikaJSpangler

May 2, 2015
    athens ohio
    Yea I have seen that in the past back when I was driving. Almost all the trans women I have met on the road where lot lizards not drivers......

7. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    I'm not sure how being transsexual has anything to do with trucking... But anyway, good luck!

8. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    All the transsexual drivers I know are flatbedders.

9. ErikaJSpangler

May 2, 2015
    athens ohio
  10. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    11000 for a sign on bonus? really? Like cranky yankee said we have pretty well seen it all in the trucking industry. Shouldnt be an issue. Not to be nosy but are you one that can pass as a woman or is it obvious that you were once a male?

11. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    I honestly think i would not count on the sign on bonus. those #### recruiters will sell you a dream. And congrats on finding yourself :)

ErikaJSpangler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.