A very good place to work

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by crazy canuk, Apr 18, 2008.

1. crazy canuk

crazy canuk Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2008
    kitchener on.
    There doesn't seem to be much Canadian content in the threads of this forum. Even though there is some similarity in the problems that truckers face here as in the U.S.A. I think that there are some signifigant differences also. My wife has been working for Challenger Motor Freight for about a year and it really seems to be just a great place for her to work. The company really seems to respect the drivers and does it's utmost to accomodate their wishes. We just spent 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic and after only 3 weeks back out on the road she is taking a week off for the birth of our grandson. No hassle or crap involved. She fairly consistantly gets the kind of runs she likes, lots of miles,very little layover time and just a general feeling of mutual respect between her and management. I have to add that my wife is a sharp cookie, makes very few errors and has a strong work ethic. I'm sure that this probably helps in the way she is treated. I've spoken to quite a few Canadian truckers and the horrible problems that I have read in the forums really don't come across from the drivers that I have spoken to. I really think that if you were a company that dissed your drivers a lot that you wouldn't have any drivers left to diss. I know that the trucking industry is facing some challenging times and yet I also know that at least here in canada there are a lot of really fine trucking companies that do have those constant ads looking for drivers. The forum on how to look for a good trucking job advises that you avoid companies that constantly are recruiting. I think that this is a very simplistic and wrong view that driver shortages are equated with lying, cheating, and unfair trucking companies. There are far more important and fundamental reasons why it is difficult to attract sufficient quality people into the industry in the first place. If you were a tradesman and worked the kind of hours that your average OTR trucker works you would make in excess of 100,000 dollars per year and be home every night to boot. We can not blame trucking companies that it the whole rate structure the very slim margins that exist in the industry that cause so many problems for employer and employee alike

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.