Abandon federal freight load

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Purposedfordestiny48, Apr 21, 2021.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    From his other thread he started this morning in the Bad Company forum, it looks like he was working on a 1099. This is from his other thread.

He posted this, then left again. I'm sure there is a lot he isn't telling us. In both of his threads.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    File this against the company, it’ll raise attention
    Coercion | FMCSA

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No it won’t.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    The law says it will, did they lie to us to get another worthless law on the books?
    So does that mean spitting on the sidewalk really doesn’t cause a health risk??
    What else have they lied to the people about?
    Epidemic?? Maybe it’s actually just a genetically engineered flu?? o_O :eek:

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Actually, it doesn't. I have been down this road before. To win such a suit YOU the driver MUST prove you were damaged. In the OPs case, there is no damage because he was a student. The problem is solved as soon as the student is dropped off at a hotel or home. Oh, BTW this is NOT a law. 49CFR is regulations issued by the USDOT.

IF we were speaking about a solo driver and he was fired because of getting sick, then there is a possible case. Question? What if a driver has a red alarm load and is sick. The company repowers said load leaving the sick driver with no load and having to sit for a day or so? Is this now a violation of the USDOT coercion rule?

It is not my purpose to nitpick. However, To win such a case there are many checkboxes that have to be filled out. Any such element of the case found missing case will get tossed and in some cases with prejudice and the FMCSA will find it unsubstantiated. As I have stated, I have been down this road. I know from painful experience this rule is not what most drivers say it is!

7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I would say he’s damaged.
    He may never drive again, and, we’re in an epidemic and there’s a driver shortage.
    He should be compensate for the grand total of $4.97 minus taxes and court costs so be around -$955.03

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    20210421_091413.jpg

JolliRoger, drivinhome, lester and 2 others Thank this.
  10. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I worked with Covid-19 and Pneumonia for a week. I didn't have the lack of smell/ taste or other symptoms associated with covid so I didn't think I was a danger to others. On August 27th I finished the loads parked at a truck stop and went to the hospital. Thirteen days later I complain my way outta the hospital and back home on a oxygen machine. Still not back to work. Luckily I'm with a good company that's sticking with me.
    I'll drive sick if it's SAFE to do so but with covid you go from I can do it to I can't stand-up very quickly.
    Saftey first people, ya kill someone while driving sick you are going to jail. It's just not worth it.

Mototom, JolliRoger and spindrift Thank this.
  11. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Re-inforce things, Barf all over the truck and trainer.
    They will get the point

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.