Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

  1. mitrucker

    mitrucker Road Train Member

    4,365
    6,215
    Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    0
    I figured you were.
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. ExtremeUnction

    ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

    1,895
    4,448
    Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    0
    I could drive an hour back the wrong way to the receiver and have them take off a pallet....
     
    mitrucker Thanks this.
  4. RebelChick

    RebelChick Road Train Member

    2,591
    4,450
    Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    0
    Ouch! Been there, done that. From Richmond to Colton. No fun. Sabra load.

    .

    Never heard about the CA part, but have heard the FL one. But,sometimes ya gotta get fuel.

    I'm sure they'd love that! But I'm sure it has been done a time or two.
     
  5. Evomalo

    Evomalo Road Train Member

    1,042
    980
    Apr 7, 2013
    0
    Why go if you don't have to?
     
    RebelChick Thanks this.
  6. Evomalo

    Evomalo Road Train Member

    1,042
    980
    Apr 7, 2013
    0
    I don't really hold onto the steering wheel. I just rest my hands on the steering wheel. The last several times I have been to Brooklyn I have said to myself never again. I keep managing somehow to go back one more time.
     
    Crusader66 Thanks this.
  7. JohnBoy

    JohnBoy Road Train Member

    8,218
    16,110
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    0
    Where are you headed with that perfectly loaded truck/trailer? Here's something to ponder. A gallon of fuel weighs 7.96 pounds, but for argument sake, let's use 8 pounds. Of that 8 pounds, 75% goes on the drives, the other 25% goes on the steers. So, 100 gallons of fuel is 800 pounds, of which, 600 pounds goes on your drives, 200 pounds on your steer. If you give me your route, I'll tell you where to fuel and how much to put on, which scales will be open, and how many miles between the scales. I'm completely bored waiting to load in the morning, so being able to help out is what I like to do, if you want it. If not, that's cool too.
     
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    slick mick, ChrisL, Crusader66 and 3 others Thank this.
  8. JohnBoy

    JohnBoy Road Train Member

    8,218
    16,110
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    0
    Got my reload assignment, I load tomorrow in Springfield Oregon going to Landover Maryland for Wednesday morning. With me recapping, this works out perfectly.
     
    Crusader66 and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  9. rokue

    rokue Light Load Member

    146
    52
    Sep 28, 2014
    Lewisburg, TN 37091
    0
    Chinatown recommended this company so I thought I might ask a few questions. Whats the starting pay 1 yr exp and 5 yr exp. How often do you go down i65 in Tennessee. Forced dispatch or non force dispatched? Speed your trucks are govered at? Dash cams? Hometime policy? Pet policy?
     
  10. keen98

    keen98 Road Train Member

    2,678
    3,298
    Jul 19, 2014
    0
    I've never driven out west, but if I had a load like that running in the Midwest I'd just get half tank of fuel and then run at night if possible. Very rarely are there any scales open throughout the night, and then I'd be checking with drivers on cb few miles before the scales. But maybe the western scales are open at night too idk
     
  11. RebelChick

    RebelChick Road Train Member

    2,591
    4,450
    Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    0
    Starting pay-usually .36/.37 cpm with little experience.
    I-65 pretty much all the time.
    Forced but will work with you most of the time.
    Governed at 69 mph on the foot, 71-72 on cruise.
    1 day home for every 6 days out. OTR minimum out 12 days.
    Dash cams forward and driver facing.
    Pets allowed with $500 pet deposit. I believe there is a maximum weight, but probably on a case by case.
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted