Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    The Borg refrigeration assimilation! Good one RebelChick.

KD5AXG and RebelChick Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 460/580

460/580 Light Load Member

May 13, 2016
    Virginia
    The misses couldnt resist bringing me this out the truck stop the other day.

Were gonna take a wait and see approach, though would be nice to park on thier yards.

Speaking of yards were bout to go investigate us expresss markham amd drop our trl. Now just waiting on whats next.

Attached Files:

4. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Turn right out of that yard and go about 3 miles down the road. There's a Walmart and lots of different restaurants. The Panda Express was good the last time I was up there. Been a while though.

460/580 and Redtwin Thank this.
  5. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I've never gotten a parking ticket there. I see others parked on the street and wouldn't hesitate to do the same if I had to.

I also wouldn't be above telling the guard shack guy that my appointment was earlier than actual to get it in.:rolleyes:

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  6. Redtwin

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I may run into you tomorrow. I'm heading that way, but ran out of hours 200 miles away in Independence CA. I'm parked right beside two Swift trucks and there's a 3rd across from me so I feel right at home here.

Also, I'm 3 for 3 with being scuppered by chain laws on these Reno runs. I played dumb this last time and pretended I didn't see the flashing "chains required" lights. I made it through OK, was just a little slushy but it looks like they got hammered earlier. I'm glad I stopped for breakfast at that diner @460/580 recommended. That gave the caltrans guys enough time to clear most of the mess.

There seems to be no shortage of Reno loads. I wonder if they will still be available to me when the threat of winter has passed?.:biggrin_25512:

460/580, Lonesome and ExtremeUnction Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I wonder how long before the Swift and Knight drivers complain about you guys blowing their doors off?o_O

“It’s not fair. They should slow thise trucks down.”:rolleyes:

8. Redtwin

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I don't know how long it will take, but I am certainly doing my level best to instigate their complaints.

When you roll up on a Swift at 3am on a two lane road and they are doing about 50mph when the limit is 70 then it is your duty to show them the error of their ways.

I was about 3 truck lengths ahead of him and almost back in the lane before he thought to flash me back over.

I think he was just scared of the dark.

Barn Door Bill and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Rolled in to the Lineage warehouse around 2:20pm local, some 10 hours and change early for my 1:00am appointment. Didn't say anything, just handed my papers to the guard in the shack, she did her thing, and waved me through.

First hurdle cleared! Worst case scenario now, I just crash here for the night.

But since luck seemed to be on my side, I strolled in to the S&R office with my paperwork. Just to see if maybe I could get unloaded early.

Turns out, there's a $150 late fee for getting unloaded a day early.

[​IMG]

After some conversation, they agreed to go ahead and work me in without charging me the $150 late fee for being early. I currently await their tender ministrations. I'm backed to the dock, but about 5 feet away as per the instructions. At some indefinite point in the future, they will start the process of actually unloading me.

As far as I'm concerned, though, the clock don't start ticking until 4:00am Richmond time, so they can dilly-dally all they want.

10. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Trucking down I-40 today in Califnordia, I found myself in a situation where another Abilene truck was up ahead of me, and in between the two of us, in the rocking chair, was a Knight truck.

[​IMG]

11. Redtwin

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Please tell me you didn't stay behind him. Even in a loving family there is a pecking order and we can't let any members of our family get ideas above their station.:biggrin_25513:

Woodys and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.