Able Cold Storage Call Us Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by trucky63, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Shadox

Shadox Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Upper Midwest
    Interesting posts I read from Trucky and MJB. I know who both of these drivers are as they are disgruntled employees so let me set the record straight:
    We have been in business since 1967. We would not be in business if we did not know what we were doing and our 42 drivers would attest to that fact.
    Yes, our safety rating is higher then we would like...Why? Because of drivers failing to log correctly. Is it unreasonable for us to expect a driver to be a professional like keeping his log book updated instead of getting shut down because he has not drawn a line in 2 days? Still we give 2nd chances and re-train these drivers because jobs are hard to come by where some companies would just terminate you. Then we are "re-paid" by having them quit because we take disciplinary measures after 3 or 4 log book infractions?
    Ducky??? How many times did we take you back when no one would hire you due to your performance issues. ( I know I must be talking about someone else right Ducky?)
    MJB...How about when we advanced you money because you were having financial difficulties. Then when you come in from a 10 day trip and we expect you to be ready to go again in 2 days and you disappear for 12 days? And you expect management to be gracious when our truck is sitting here waiting for you? ( I know...I must be talking about someone else again huh?)
    Lastly, we take pride in our drivers and our company. We are family owned and believe every person is better then their worse act. You can call that bottom feeding, but I call it compassion and some of our best drivers have had checkered pasts. Who of us have never made mistakes in our past? We hire good people here, even if they have a history of mistakes whether criminal or maybe a DUI for that reason.
    Thank for allowing me to set the record straight in this forum. I will not reply to anymore of the toxic non sense from the previous thread authors. I wish you all well and keep it between the lines.

pes2 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Never drove for you guys, but I have pulled loads for you. Seemed like a well run outfit to me.

Too many people on this board don't have a clue as to what a real truck driver is, and what a real truck driver is sometimes required to do. And, "No, I don't mean run illegal, just run hard."

4. hulkh8766

hulkh8766 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    :biggrin_2558:

5. flguy

flguy Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Is it even legal for you to share these details about a former employee here? Regarding taking advances, etc. I sure hope it's true or they could sue you...

6. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice that they give dudes with checkered pasts a second chance, but you gotta wonder if that is all they can get in the seat?

I'm not buyin that story, Shadox. :biggrin_25511::biggrin_25513:

7. hulkh8766

hulkh8766 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    yes it is legal... however the manner in which you are deducted expenses from your paycheck are not legal and the employee could sue the company for these involuntary deductions which are illegal on the companies part

8. springer

springer Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Its unfortunate but 100% true what these drivers have said in their posts. Able, Call us Logistics, and 3 Q corp were all the same company. Recently there has been a split in the owners of this company. Call us logistics and now Northland Cold storage are 1 entity and Able cold storage is another(not sure if it is still called Able). The reason they had or have 3 different authorities is because of the safety ratings. When they haul for certain brokers that use safety ratings as a yardstick they will tell the driver to use the company that has the best rating. When the driver calls for his dispatch he is told to use whatever his dispatchers tell him to use, even if the truck says otherwise. The old bait and switch. These people are crooks and do things to drivers that are illegal such as not pay them when they decide to end their employment, not pay them for dead head miles, and charge them for other miscellanous things that were not communicated to the driver when they were hired. Yes and they don't tell the driver that they were dinged. The driver finds out a month later because he has not seen his settlement statements due to him being out on the road for 3 or 4 weeks making them money. This company really offers nothing other than a less than adequate cpm, no detention pay no layover pay, not one benefit period. Drivers have sat at doors for 8 or 9 hours and been paid 0 dollars. They have collected detention pay from long door times but don't give the driver a dime because the driver does'nt know about it. They pay some drivers .20cpm for the first 100 dead head miles and give them their regular cpm for anything over that, and pay another driver .20cpm for the first 50 miles and their regular cpm for the rest. They recently went to a e-log system and told some drivers that they just wanted them to test it and give feedback as to how they liked it, when in fact once they started using it, it was not coming back out of their truck. With that said there are drivers there that are still on paper logs because they knew better not to get conned in to the e-log thing. These people are dishonest, greedy and will take advantage of anyone not experienced enough to know better. My advice to any drivers considering working for these people to keep looking, you will find way better people to work for. They will take everything and anything they can get away with. The comment on how they give these drivers a second chance please, they hire them because they can have their way with them and know these guys won't quit do to their bad records or criminal past. Its to bad that there are people out there like these gangsters, but I know it will come back to them and hopefully kick them where it hurts. Enough said! P.S. Shadox is flat out liar!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  9. Big Jay

Big Jay Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2011
    litchfield, mn
    Delivered a load to their facility in Newport, MN on Tuesday of this week. Asked the broker if she had ever sent anything into this facility, she hadn't. She asked me a few questions about the place and I told her my gut feel was that something wasn't right there. Lots of old broken down equipment around, some new as well.

Tried to check in, office wide open with no one around. Walked a little farther, no locked doors anywhere. Not comfortable with that myself. Finally walked to a couple different buildings before finding a yard guy who in turn found someone to help me out. In and out quickly once someone was found but as I said, gut told me something not right about the place. No issues at all for me, however.

10. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

No real names given so what the crime?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.