about the only good thing they have is their trucks

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by wickedluis, Apr 6, 2007.

1. wickedluis

wickedluis Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2007
    austin texas
    Cfi has good equipment , but they have some lousy dispathers, used to get sent to the east coast and they would keep me there for weeks doing 200 to 300 miles a day.They donot like to run you in the state you live in , when i gave my notice I was sent to deliver a load by my house , and i had 5 days off saved so i was going to take them before i took the truck back, but those ######## decided to come tow the truck and they said that i abbandoned the truck, so thats on that stupid dac report now. If you dont any kind of life this is the company for you.

polvorin68 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    who is the company................

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    You gave notice that you were quitting, then decided to take 5 days off at your house instead of getting the truck turned in? I am not surprised at all that they came for the truck and filed a DAC report on you.

5. jsthvnfun

jsthvnfun Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Cortland, IL
    I think he is talking about CFI

6. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    I know someone who did something similar to Arrow Trucking. He complained he wasn't getting miles so he says he gave his DM notice he was quitting. They gave him a load out of Tn to Ne to be delivered the next day. He told him he only had 12 hours to drive which would give him time to deliver the load but would mean he would have to sit there to reset. He told them he wanted to go home to reset and they said no. He did it anyway meaning the load was late. He then told him that was it he wasn't delivering the load period. They routed another driver to pick up the load and deliver it. He decided he better bring the truck back to Ok. (I'm surprise they didn't come for the truck.) He thinks he did nothing wrong. But you know what the kicker is?.....He couldn't find another driving job and Arrow called him to come back to work! I can't believe that they would be so hard up for drivers that they would take someone back that did that/

7. Buckeyegal

Buckeyegal Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Many of these people who are posting about all the glorious things CFI has to offer are drivers looking for the referral money.
    I would be looking for a smaller company near your home. Get referred by someone you trust will tell you the WHOLE story.
    CFI has it's favorite drivers and they are making BIG bucks....the others are just makin a living and bustin butt!
    Some of CFI trainers are awlful! They make you run illegal.
    Here is a post from a CFI drivers site. This guy posted this the day after he and his wife quit CFI:
    [Frankly, it appears there is a double standard between teams and solo drivers. Stitches had 2 incidents while driving, the first was an extremely short left turn that required hopping a curb to complete unless the tandems were slid all the way forward. The shipper required the tandems all the way back as a condition of entry. Well she blew a tire.

The next occurred in Cocoa Florida at the Pilot there. It is very small and all of the signs indicating entrance and exit have been knocked down along with the lights. Well she pulled in the wrong way and having to back out hit a pole causing several thousand dollars of damage to the tractor including the need to call a wrecker to get the frame pulled from the right front steer. She was not let go although she did have to attend the safety meetings where she was belittled and berated to the point of tears.

The standard should be the same for all.]

The truth will set you free!

8. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    CFI runs "SUPER SINGLES" so if you blow a tire your dead in the water.Those giant tires cost a ton.So ??????????? Also how fast was she going that it did that much damage?

9. Sarge

Sarge Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    North Florida
    "Life is tough, life is even tougher when you're stupid."
    -John Wayne-

10. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    How is the training for newbies at CFI?:biggrin_2553: I'm doing my research and need imput good or bad. Thanks

11. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Read my "Good Bad and Ugly" in the CFI column. Sums it up pretty well. If you haven't already.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.