Accident personal car- not at fault/ thoughts?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Middleagedrookie, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Middleagedrookie

Middleagedrookie Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2017
    so after 24 years of never having been in an accident I had some a-hole cut from the left lane into me and onto the right lane, I was in the middle lane.this was in my personal car btw. After the fright of my life I braked and moved enough that his bumper only scraped my fender. Less than 500 damage. The jerkoff must've been doing 90 cause I got so mad and chased him. I had to get in front of him to make him stop. I'd never been in an accident before so I called the police. The guy admitted to the police it was his fault and he cut over the lanes because he missed his exit. The cop said that's what he put in the report that I was not at fault -I called the next day because after thinking about my cdl I didn't want it on my license, but too late. I'm stressing about this now because obviously every application asks. Will this screw me? Btw I have 2 speeding tickets and I cell use over the last 3 years. A bunch of Otr companies accepted me 2 months ago, only Roehl and NFI disqualified me and 1 of the speeding tickets should already be past 3 years.Thanks for the input

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    If you had not called cops the other guy could have made a hit an run against you?

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Don't worry you were not at fault however you in no way should have chased the car down. If he was doing 90 how fast were you going. I would have cited you for that.

RedRover, tscottme and Puppage Thank this.
  5. Middleagedrookie

Mar 12, 2017
    Believe me I absolutely regret that! I told my family i will never do that again it really isn't worth it. My temper got the better of me. Thanks

tscottme and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  6. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Two for speed one for cell phone use and now chases guy down sound like road rage not sure if you are truck driver material practice saying welcome to McDonald's. I glide. 47

Puppage and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  7. Middleagedrookie

Mar 12, 2017
    McDonald's might be in ur future buddy I'm a mechanic of 24 years and I know ive made more money doing that than you'll probably ever see. I've chosen to change my career. That mother ####er could've killed my wife and I. You can keep ur stupid comments

Jmans and Rooster1291979 Thank this.
  8. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    You have anger issues. Let's see how many more people can troll you into making posts like that.

If some ####### on the internet sets you off that easily...

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it's a reported accident, cop showed up took a report. this will be on your DMV record till it falls off in whatever time frame your state does this. my state (as an example) after 3 years, it falls off.

so yes, every application you fill out, you MUST list this accident as well as any tickets you have prior.

some companies actually tell you they WANT a copy of the police report, so go back to the police dept and buy up a few copies. be ready to submit that with any application.

Mr Budeedee and Middleagedrookie Thank this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    the cop never wrote him up for that, no employer will ask him that.

Middleagedrookie Thanks this.
  11. Middleagedrookie

Mar 12, 2017
    I've been on this forum a couple months now and I never make snide comments to anyone so ya it pisses me off. My anger issues are mine. I haven't been in jail since I was 15- I'm 45 now. I keep myself in check where it counts, in the real world. Everybody screws up, people have the "glass house"syndrome on the internet where they don't have to worry

Jmans, G13Tomcat, Boattlebot and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.