Accidents involving big Trucks

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Intheoutfeild, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Intheoutfeild

Intheoutfeild Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2007
    out there
    There have been FAR TOO MANY accidents involving Large Trucks in and around Kansas City, 5 people were just killed on I-70, just before that and only a few miles away on that same Interstate and only hours apart two other Trucks were involved in another wreck where it looked like a Stevens Transport pushed another truck into the temporary dividers causing them to move into the opposite lanes of traffic and hitting some cars. Everyday there MAJOR TRUCK ACCIDENTS around here. I was almost ran off the MO 291 NB Missouri River bridge today by a Red dump truck in Sugar Creek MO at about 13:00 today that just couldn't wait to go at least 65 MPH in a 55 MPH zone over the river with narrow lanes and I was in a Tractor Trailer that he was passing and if I had not seen him and slowed down (I was going 55 mph) I may not be here now. PAY ATTENTION AND SLOW DOWN OR GET OFF THE ROAD!!!

Lepton1, tinytim and Steelhauler1246 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I wish it were that simple ... just rant and complain. But it's not. And honestly, "it's numbers". As traffic counts go up, so do crashes. Cars, trucks, it's all the same.

But you should pay close attention to the rapid assembly line process most major trucking companies use to "create truckers" to meet demands to replace turnover losses. It's scary.

bzinger and rearview Thank this.
  4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Lepton1, Steelhauler1246 and jethro712 Thank this.
  5. Steelhauler1246

Steelhauler1246 Light Load Member

They don't care, here in Indiana there's a big ol sign that says "ALL TRUCKS USE LEFT LANE from M16 to MM9". Everyday I get fools hanging out in the right lane doing 65plus passing other trucks and there's no room for error on that side with a soft shoulder. Smh It's crazy, and as far as dump truckers go ....... I'll jus bite my tongue on that topic:mad:

6. Steelhauler1246

Some drive these big machines like it's their personal cars unfortunately. Always looking to pass each other no matter the cause. No kind of courtesy for the next driver or anything. I've been out in the hammer lane running 70 passing a line of trucks and it never fails to have one that runs 5-10 below posted 65 limit whip out with no turn signal and hold the lane up while trying to pass another slower truck for 10-12miles...

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Poorly trained morons in trucks anymore with no commen sence or ethics .

8. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    There are far too many accidents involving automobiles. Every year thousands of people die at the hands of people driving cars.
    PAY ATTENTION, SLOW DOWN or GET OFF THE ROAD !

Grumppy, TripleSix and Steelhauler1246 Thank this.
  9. Steelhauler1246

Amen brother !!

10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    All they have to do to fix that is to lift the ban on lead based paints.

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Don't forget lawn darts and Red Ryder BB guns.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.