Adaptive cruise fault,cruise won't work

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Vegas girl, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Vegas girl

Vegas girl Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Have a t680 the adaptive cruise fault came on and cruise quite working. Mechanics did something with the peddle brakes and air brakes. Can't remember what order they used. Anyone know?

Zschi11 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    Following, my 680 is doing the same thing. Did u try cleaning the sensor on the front bumper?

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  4. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I had to do this daily until i stopped using cruise again.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  5. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    You really gotta hook up Bendix A-Com and see what your DTCs are. The program is free, the laptop and RP1210 connector, of course, are not.
    Wingman kinda becomes the 'whipping boy' when it's installed on a truck... if there's an error or fault somewhere in any part of that brake system which involves Wingman, the system will assume the fault is with Wingman, whether or not it actually is.
    It could be as simple as having to get your radar recalibrated. It could be much more complex. As for resetting it with the pedals, I'm not aware of any such technique.

6. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    Kenworth dealer found a bad ABS harness on mine

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. Mikeg2503

Mikeg2503 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2019

How much did it cost to fix and also was your traction control light and abs light and adaptive cruise lights showing up on your dash?

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The dog and pony routine with the pedals and so forth is essentially BS. What the mechanic is doing is actually clearing any codes that might be remaining inside the vehicle's computer.

We had to stop using a local oil change place because we have told them in the past leave the vehicle ALONE. Just replace the oil. And nope they go clearing the computer.

I see the adaptive cruise and radar assisted collision avoidance deeply flawed and can lock you up in winter ice where it's NOT welcome and maybe get you killed or worse kill a family.

It will take a big shop computer with the right connections to demand the information from little vehicle computer which is a whole seperate money making shop charge.

I carry a small computer that reads my Tahoe's engine computer for codes if any and tells me what the engine is doing in real time over the OBD2 connection. That way I know whats going on and clear it myself rather than pay the shop 45 dollars everytime the engine code light comes on.

If it was me... and my assigned truck? Suppose the radar and cruise is busted. I would not be the one to complain about it. If ever. If it's busted and everything else is normal then there is no problem. Again I would not be driving those kinds of trucks. They hire me to be a professional not a robot babysitter.

9. Edbutryn

Edbutryn Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2012
    ABS wheel sensor. Got to run a Bendix diagnostic to figure out which 1

10. Edbutryn

Edbutryn Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2012
    At 1st,I thought it had to do with the front apparatus? Money is the time I'd get the adaptive cruise fault, seek service warning. Then my abs and anti skid lights would come on and my cruise control would go inop.
    Back and forth with this issue on a few of the KW's I've driven. Took it to the shop for a recalibration. They said the only fault they're getting is an abs wheel sensor. They replaced it. Once I started driving down the road, when I hit about 25mph. All faults cleared.

11. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    My 2019 freightliner cascadia had the same problem with the cruise control, abs, etc. Driving down the road, usually in a turn or after hitting a bump the lights would start popping up, every day. My new one is fine so far.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.