Add Macon,Georgia To The No Parking List

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Man needs a parking space, he works 70 hours a day. I know it’s misspoken words but I was like he be hustlin.

3. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    The article states they CAN park at home, if they’re behind the front yard building line. Sounds like the side or backyards are fine. Dude needs to pour a 12” thick slab all the way into the backyard, put up a privacy fence, and keep rolling.

D.Tibbitt, bryan21384, Cat sdp and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    This is a little more complicated than the extensive 75 word article brought to you by Wimberly Patton at CDL Life.
    Something tells me it has been illegal to park a large commercial vehicle in an R-1 zoned area for quite some time.
    It just hasn't been enforced until now.

If this is a new ordinance, you cannot just declare the change and make it retroactive forever.
    Several of the individuals who are or have been parking on their property and have not been in violation need to get together and hire an attorney to investigate the grandfather clauses etc.

From this point on the question is: What is the "Macon-Bibb county area?"
    Bibb county is 255 square miles with all sorts of zoning divisions, from agricultural to business to residentials to no zoning at all.
    Are you going to stop a farmer from parking his truck next to his farm house? How is this ordinance written?

City of Macon is another municipal division within that county with all sorts of zoning designations.
    And within those two are many "non-conforming" properties that were in use before current ordinances went into effect that would have made them illegal.
    They didn't suddenly just shut down a feed store that happened to be located in a newly created R-1 (residential) zone. They had to let it be used.

Anyone who intends to park his truck, either company or owner operator has the obligation to investigate the legality of that action before he buys or rents the property. If he doesn't, he does so at his peril. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    just say no to all of georgia

6. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    I think the same about FL, too.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    They have paid parking lots, dude just doesn't wanna pay.

Screenshot_20230104-195118_Maps.jpg

Studebaker Hawk, ducnut and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    It's all about want to
    Macon is a big rural city
    There's more parking (especially BT) than you can swing a cat at.
    It's all about want to.
    And parking in neighborhoods.....don't get me started

9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Probably because his company won’t reimburse him for it. $175 a month for just the tractor ain’t exactly cheap.
    I recognized the company on his truck-C&K Trucking,out of Chicago Ridge, Illinois!
    We rent parking spots at their yard there!!
    They mostly do intermodal around Chicagoland but it looks like they’ve branched out to the southeast as well! They have terminals in Lithia Springs and Savannah.
    Office Archive - C&K Trucking

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It isn't just the cost of a parking spot. How does he get there? He says they only have 1 car and he leaves at 3 am, so he would have to wake his wife and kids up at 2 just to take him to his truck...or buy another car (payment) that requires insurance (payment), and yearly registration (payment). So instead of parking his truck at home, now he has all these extra expenses. It would be easier to tell Macon to pound sand and move to somewhere less restricted.

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.