adding cruise control

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by hollywood 1, Jan 15, 2012.

1. hollywood 1

hollywood 1 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Howdy all! I'm going to be driving a 93 Pete 379 with a 3406b. I'd like to know if any of you know where to get a cruise control kit to put on this old school mechanical beast. I sure as hell dont want to keep my foot on the throttle all day long!

2. highside

highside Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Kansas
    Google King Cruise. Had one on an '89 379 with a 3406B and was very pleased with it. I believe it was around $800.

3. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Do you have the idle knob sticking out of the dash? It's not real practical but you can use that as a cruise.

4. hollywood 1

hollywood 1 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Pueblo, Colorado

It has the idle knob on the floor next to the seat, but I'd prefer to have real cruise. The knob will due for a short period if my leg gets tired!

5. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    http://www.cruisecontrolking.com/chooseyourcruise.html

this thing works like a cruise control on old cars, just pulls the throutle control lever (pedal goes down). I'd use Cruise control from car, fr
    om '90-s ford cars, but all they require vacuum, so they can be used with diesel(((

on 24V trucks we used E-Gas from DAF trucks, but it is more complicated thing with electronic gas pedal.

• Draft saved Draft deleted