Adding gauges to a 2016 t880

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by circle h, Sep 26, 2021.

1. circle h

circle h Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2020
    I am kind of at a loss here. I was at a wrecker and grabbed a 6 gauge panel to replace the two gauge panel I have. I took a couple of gauges I didn't want out and put the original two in. These are all daisy chained together with a 4 wire jumper so this must be can bus or iso bus or something. The gauges I wanted to add are three temp gauges, axles and trans. I also want rear suspension pressure but that's easy as its a mechanical gauge. So here is my question. I know I need sensors, but where do I hook them to? Every truck I have had in the past the harness was already there. How do you tell what controller to recognize them? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. alek2001

alek2001 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2018
  4. circle h

Oct 22, 2020
    Yes, I spoke to a guy that told me all I needed to do was add the senders and they should automatically work. Then I went on vacation for the winter. I will let you know as soon as I plug them all in.

5. max954rr

max954rr Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2022
    20220316_064754.jpg
    Hey maybe this well help if you go aftermarket with the gauges they should come with the sensor and plugs everything you need all you have to do is run the cables power acc ground and to a light source so you can control light intensity and it should be plug and play from there.
    I did my with glowshift gauges tow max and it was pretty much like said. I have a 2016 kw t680 and I couldn't find any wire for the factory one . Good luck

circle h Thanks this.
  6. circle h

Oct 22, 2020
  7. bjytech

bjytech Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Ohio
    You may need to have them enabled in the CECU once you get them installed as well, most trucks if it didn't ship from the factory with it it is turned off in the computer, but it is just a simple setting change to enable them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.