Adventure of Werner orientation in Springfield

Discussion in 'Werner' started by red_eye, May 30, 2010.

1. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    May 30th 2010..Well I'm setting at Springfield..set to start orientation.. the motel is not as bad as heard.. room mate seems like a good guy... he has been with Werner for a month already.. he says so far it has been pretty good... Not sure how many newbie there are here... guess I will find out tomorrow.. I will try to keep a running log of Werner orientation for anyone interested.. And when ever I have internet out on the road..I will keep this thread updated. wish me luck.. or keep me in Vaseline lmao

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brothermason

brothermason Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Norristown,PA
    Good luck man...keep us informed of your progress!

4. shriner75

shriner75 Heavy Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Minnesota, dontcha know...
    Good luck, curious though. Your roomie has been there a month. Is he still in training with his trainer and trainer on home time or is he inbetween trainers? I only had one trainer and the tim I was in a hotel was during his hometime (twice). Again, godluck and be safe.

5. red_eye

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    I worded that wrong he has been with Werner for a month..lol.. and on his second trainer.. His new trainer picked him up some time today... When I got back from terminal today.. he was gone..

6. red_eye

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    First day..wasnt to bad.. First thing was get your ID pic taking..then..butt load of paper work.. had to see Dr cold fingers and take my whiz quiz....and several CBT's ..and videos.. but all in all.. went pretty smooth.. Since it is a holiday..not many ppl there.. No roach coach for lunch.. they gave us Werner bucks to eat from vending machines...a woppin 2 bucks...lol

7. red_eye

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    Well I made it through orientation.. now waiting on trainer..one only knows how long that will be.. but getting paid to set here and wait...We only had one guy that didnt make it through.. not sure why..think it had to do with the 300 hrs with trainer...

8. MrCain

MrCain Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Roanoke Rapids NC
    yeah if you would keep me updated might be going with them

9. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Good Luck Red Eye!! keep us posted when you can on how things are going.

10. red_eye

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    Well another day setting... SDM says no trainer assigned yet... There are several guys here waiting on solo trucks... that have been here for days... one girl that has been here for 7 days waiting on trainer.. Plus a new class started today...and another new class will be starting friday...
    They have trainer training going on... so it kind of looks like we might be getting a bunch of newbie trainers.. but hours are hours...and setting here at motel..is not getting any hours...lol

tropiks7 Thanks this.
  11. horselady472

horselady472 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    As a woman driver, who doesn't smoke, I had 5 trainer w/Werner. The first--dropped me off after 1 week w/him because of his high blood pressure. The second--had been driving for 2 years & was training (!) to earn extra $. The third was a conduit to get me home to take my husband to surgery. The fourth--ADD & bi-polar (!) they don't screen their trainers well. The last--really good on a dedicated route from Texas to Vegas to various parts of Colorado and Arizona. I still can't back worth a darn and I haven't driven since Feb due to personal conflicts. Werner pays new driver 0.21 CPM which you just can't live on. And don't believe their slogan!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.