Advice? Employer trying to take all my pay!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ma908, Dec 17, 2018.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I ain't buying it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. al_huryn

al_huryn Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Good luck with small claims court. If you win and he doesnt pay, its up to you to find him and collect the money. If he doesnt show up you will win, probably awarded more than you seek but again, its up to you to collect.

4. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    +1 been there done that. I won but then have to ask the court to guarneshee his wages but of course he doesn’t have any wages so you do a title search to see what he owns to Lein those assets but nothing is in his name. Meanwhile you’ve spent a few thousand dollars

Badmon and al_huryn Thank this.
  5. jraulpilot1998

jraulpilot1998 Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2014
    All over U.S.A
    Report him and his LLC. To the DOT, Labor Dept and else. IT
    IS ILLEGAL TO BILL YOUR WAGES.

snowwy Thanks this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    While true, there are no wages involved. Since the driver is accepting the 1099 illegal payment, it is simply one business not paying another business.

7. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore

8. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Been there,done that, people are always trying to take more than their share.It sounds like he got you good, but you know karma always has a way of catching up to people like that.Small claims is a small fee, big hassle, but you would probably get your money.You would have to check the State Labor Department to see if he violated the labor laws.I would definitely make a call to the BBB,you might be saving someone else from dealing w/the scum.You could take matters into your own hands,steer tires aren't cheap,but then you'd be no better than him.One thing for sure,it was a lesson well learned, burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on.me.Good luck.

9. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Don’t take this as “lesson learned.” You need to take this douche bag down, or he’ll keep screwing guys who don’t know any better. No employer can withhold pay for equipment damage. Part of being an employer is accepting responsibility for potentional employee accidents. It’s a #### fog light.

Tombstone69, Tb0n3 and SavageMuffin Thank this.
  10. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Only way someone taking back money they already given me is from my cold or maybe warm depending on how long ive been dead. How he even takenit back?

Badmon and rank Thank this.
  11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Exactly. Like I said above .....I ain’t buying this “reversal”. No bank gives an employer authority to remove money from an account without consent or a court order

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.