I did just what you’re doing, after 20 years of commercial bus driving I upgraded my CDL to Class A. You’d think that two decades of commercial driving would’ve meant something, but to trucking companies, I was a beginner (and after actually doing it for a while, I realized that I WAS a beginner, at least as far as maneuvering a trailer was concerned!).
Even so, I didn’t have any trouble finding a company that would hire me, taking a job with J Rayl Transport. They’re based in Akron, Ohio, but they have a terminal here in the Dallas area that’s only 3 miles from my house, and they get me home every weekend. They didn’t pay a ton to begin with, but the money got better as I gained experience, and much to my surprise, I’m still with them almost three years later.
Advice for after school
Page 2 of 5
Jacobus Energy Mobile Fueling in Tampa hires drivers with no experience.
- Class A or B CDL (Class B Trucks)
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements
- Meets Company MVR Standards
- Current DOT physical
- Must be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen
- Health insurance coverage that begins on Day 1 of employment
NO Experience-NO Worries-We Will Train You and you get paid while training!
JACOBUS ENERGY - Innovative mobile fueling solutions from the …
Innovative mobile fueling solutions from the industry's top fuel provider.
5102 16th Ave S, Tampa, FL 33619
For more information on J.J. Taylor, please visit our website: J.J. Taylor Companies Careers
Work Schedule: Full time, Tuesday - Saturday, approximate 5:00 AM start time
Required License: Valid FL license + current Class A CDL license holder
Driver Salary: $60,000 - $70,000/ year with verified experience considered
Home Daily: Local routes
401K: 50% matching up to 10% of salary
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, company-paid long term & short term disability, company-paid life insurance, and many other programs available
Bonus: We offer a $1,000 sign-on bonus for those who already have their Class A CDL license.
Hill's Pet Nutrition
6002 N 51st St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Class A and/or B CDL license
- Graduate from an accredited truck driving school OR 1+ year(s) driving experience with a Class A and/or B CDL
XPO Logistics has been hiring new cdl school grads.
4531 Madison Industrial Ln, Tampa, FL 33619
- To be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license
- Safe driving record and history
- Hazardous materials endorsement
- Doubles/triples endorsement
- Tank vehicle endorsement (tanker drivers)
Page 2 of 5