Advice for woman looking to oil field tanker yank

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Cowboygirl45, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Yes she is. And from her reports I would say every now and then she runs into a couple of douchebags who think women belong at home. BUT 99% of the time she tells me most are gentlemen and some even go the extra step and hook up her LACT header or try to assist her, which she doesn't seek out but always appreciates.

For me, I get approached all the time by men and asked one of two things- 1) How did you get your wife to drive in the oilfields and what do I need to say to get my wife out there (LOL!) and 2) How can you stand to be around your wife all the time, I took this job to get away from mine

Doesn't matter if you are a man or woman, if you can handle the work and do a good job people in the oil field can respect that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Taser,buck knive, and pepper spray are all legal!! @NightWind i ain’t no angel but I do have two wonderful daughters!! It’s been a while since I’ve had too see what these hands will do but i wish I would catch some ####### trying to take advantage its gonna be some furniture moving

Nothereoften Thanks this.
  4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there isn't an operator in the oilfield that allows pets to be taken onto their leases. If you become friendly with the pumpers they may look the other way, but on paper, a dog is a no-go.

I'm the same way, and that's one of the great things about hauling crude (or water). You're out there doing it on your own, except that there's usually someone around when you're at the IP (crude) or SWD (water).

5. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Sounds like regular trucking to me there’s some one when you pickup there’s someone when you deliver! What you do on your down time will decide the amount of trouble you get in!! There are exceptions but usually you stay away from bad situations you avoid bad outcomes

6. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I've seen quite a few women hauling crude oil. They were just another driver from what I saw. Has been said.. just do your job and they're happy to have you. I would suggest crude or maybe water (don't know much about water hauling). Fuel transport is a good gig as well.

Nothereoften Thanks this.
  7. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I just came here for the comments.

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  8. Rodeorowdy

Rodeorowdy Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anchorage, AK.
    I'm in Alaska and this company I just hired on needs drivers.

9. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    What are you doing up there ? Patch stuff ?

10. Rodeorowdy

Rodeorowdy Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anchorage, AK.
    Yes

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  11. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Alaska sounds great. How is the pay?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.