Advice needed for some good carriers to work for in the Edmonton Area

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Hammer_Down_Diesel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Hammer_Down_Diesel

Hammer_Down_Diesel Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2022
    Hello Canadian truckers forum!

I was wondering what are some good places to work for in and around Edmonton? I have 5 Years trucking experience: 2 years of straight truck class 3/class 5 as well as 3 years of class 1 flatbed experience as of next January. I am looking for high paying loads, willing to work hard and I am interested in running decks, mainly heavy equipment, potentially leading up to specialized heavy haul or crane work. I have experience hauling oversized loads and rolling B trains.

I am mainly interested in smaller carriers, however I am considering larger companies if the pay and benefits are satisfactory.

I have compiled a list below of carriers that may peak my interest, and I am wondering if anybody can vouch for them? The companies are:

E. Grubens
    NCSG Crane & Heavy haul
    Pacesetter Equipment
    Indent Trucking
    NextGen Transport
    Extreme Hauling
    Matrix Heavy haul
    Bushell Transport

Another thing I'd like to ask, is that I have heard really good things about hauling loads from Alberta to the Territories, however I am finding a very hard time finding information on them and what carriers pull equipment/ decks that way. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

I will make sure to pay the information forward by participating in discussions and helping others out here on the forum :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Abynrml2

Abynrml2 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Grimshaw , continental , qline ... they run north . they do ice roads , they do heavy haul and regular super b flat-deck loads ..pay is alright they all have benefits . If your just looking for machines and equipment find some one doing railways , inter rail , or pipeline and construction or oilfield .. or just become a door swinger and make the same money while wearing flip flops and a track suit ... go on indeed and fill out online applications and wait for the offers to pour in ..

Hammer_Down_Diesel Thanks this.
  4. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    Bushell Transport is a good outfit. If I ever grow tired of what I am doing now, they’re a place I’d be talking to.

Hammer_Down_Diesel Thanks this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Beautiful iron too.

See a ton of Pace Oilfield Hauling trucks around and they look like they're well looked after.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.