advice on lease/purchase, which company is the best?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rpangburn, Dec 9, 2018.

1. rpangburn

rpangburn Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2016
    hello all...the wifw and i have been driving team for 3 years and want to stop running team and look into lease/purchase so i can drive and she do the paper work...any advice on where i should look? company,new truck or used,how much per mile do i need to make?..etc...any input would be greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Use the search --------> and type in Lease Purchase... There is a ton of stuff to help you out with what is good and what is bad.... but on another note I will tell you that if you have been teaming for 3 years you should have some money saved right? If you do then why not go and buy a truck instead of Lease Purchase... @UturnGirl can tell you all about it...

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If you want to get into truck ownership a much smarter way is to buy it on your own and contract it to a carrier. Lease purchase is generally a losing proposition.

Would you buy your house from your employer if the contract read: your only source of income can be from that employer, and if you fail to make a payment the property is turned back over to your employer. Sound like a wise move?

JonJon78, secorp and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  5. rpangburn

rpangburn Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2016
    no not alot saved...mother fell at the begining of the year and had to go into a rehab facility for a few months...at $270 a day just about broke the bank.. but i will try searching thank you

6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Well don't do Lease Purchase from any Carrier because its High truck payments and a HUGE balloon payment at the end IF you make it to the end... and the end is usually 4 to 5 years... Lone Mountain has a decent program for new owner operators... If you got $7500 sitting in the bank you can get something decent from them... It'll take around $2500 for the down payment and they wanna see an additional $2500 in your bank account for reserves... but you can take the truck anywhere you wanna go... Just my 2 cents

rpangburn and secorp Thank this.
  7. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    The goal of any company is for you to succeed not fail. Both parties want to do this making the most profit for themselves. Still your own tuck is the best option.

rpangburn Thanks this.
  8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Save up and buy your truck cash.

9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If I am the carrier my goal is to make as much profit as possible. I can make the most by minimizing my expense to move customer freight by having a lease purchase be paid a pre determined amount. No repair surprises for me. I can make even more if I cut your work after 70% you've managed to pay off, knowing I will get the asset back and I can sell it again to another sucker.

This is where ethics plays into the game. Lots of companies have none and do exactly what I put in paragraph 1. Few care to see the operator succeed to the finish.

The end is the same. Why take the risk? Some people will say nobody else will sell them a truck due to poor credit/no credit/have no cash to put on down payment. These indicators often go overlooked by the prospective buyer as the flashing red signs they are saying you are not ready for this! Financial ruin to follow. There is nothing wrong with having a good company driver job. Money management is paramount in this game when you enter into the world of truck ownership.

062 Thanks this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Schneider Choice has been very good to me

11. rpangburn

rpangburn Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2016
    what is everyones opinion 0n Dart

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.