Advice on who to drive for, losing my truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by SemperFiServices, Aug 21, 2019.

1. SemperFiServices

SemperFiServices Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm actually a bit embarrassed y'all, but I've fought the bills from my divorce for years, but with my lease payment going up, and freight rates down, I'm forced to close down after 7 years.

That being said, I'm trying to find the best open deck company. I have stepdeck and rgn experience, and being able to run all 48 with good pay are important to me. I started out hauling cars but don't wanna go back to that, and I don't wanna do dry van.

I'd welcome asn't advice guys. Thanks and continued luck to you all in this economy.

Semper Fi

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I’m sorry to hear that brother. Hang in there. Where might you be located for those that have suggestions?

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Sounds like you fought hard and 7 yrs is a good run, much longer then most.

Good luck with everything.

OldeSkool, PE_T, Mattflat362 and 6 others Thank this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    No need to be embarrassed. It's a tough world out there right now, and you're doing what is necessary to pay the bills.

5. SemperFiServices

SemperFiServices Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks everyone. I'm located in Indianapolis, pretty gid for freight, but I'm not scared to sell everything and just live in the truck.

PE_T, FlaSwampRat and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about. There were times I lived in the rig as well. I did 5 months down in I-10 one winter into early spring one year. It was a life changing season that year. Particularly when being away for 5 months or 6 rather and going home to a reception that says eh... hello. You would think that when you miss someone that long in life... something to celebrate. But nope. And so it goes.

Tend to your mailing. You can get a address for a non tax state and have your mail collected at a shipping type store or similar. Combined with a state that does not take taxes out against your gross wages, you should be feeling a bit more free in your wages whatever it might be.

I am also divorced, but that divorced was a hard assed financial problem that was solved with two signatures from me in 10 minutes on two separate forms. One for the divorce and the other for the house and land sale. However be that as it may we are still working together as a team in life. Just one of those things that happens fairly rarely. You would not believe the cause of our divorce. Student loans. Same as my father and his wife having 5 jobs between both of them trying to hold on to a house at 18% interest in those days. It ate them alive. And so it goes.

FlaSwampRat and SemperFiServices Thank this.
  7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Wow, small world. I looked up your business and you live 20 mins from me.

FlaSwampRat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I live close to a particular small town here in Arkansas and when I went east to evaluate my teachers from the state high school, turned out one in particular has family here. She fled this area after college when possible to be a special education teacher in Maryland. And later a administrative officer with some power within the school and state legislature. Some of the stories she shared with me about this area was dead on. No wonder she took off. And what do I do? Go and marry someone here in the hills. Sheesh. lol. Maybe we both take off for another place in a few years...

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. Trucker186

Trucker186 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hey guys I'm not trying to say don't talk about your storys and stuff but also let's try to help him find something !!! What area are you looking in or does it matter ? What kinds pay are you looking for and also what endorsement's tanker pays great especially hazmat !!

FlaSwampRat, x1Heavy and Dino soar Thank this.
  10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Did you sell your truck or is it for sale, trailer???

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Nothing to be embarrassed about man. Businesses close all the time, it's just a part of life.

You could try to find a fleet owner at Mercer, landstar, Bennett, etc... Sometimes those jobs are better than a regular company job and they usually have more freedom.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.