Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by biggi1996, Dec 7, 2017.

1. biggi1996

biggi1996 Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Anybody buy a truck from TEXAS TRUCK SALES IN HOUSTON OR ARROW TRUCK SALES IN HOUSTON? I NEED TO know the good and the bad.
  2. Pastor Dean

Pastor Dean Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2016
    If you are at Arrow Truck Sales RUN RUN RUN. Last truck I bought from them I put in a turbo, rear end, new motor and the list goes on. When you ask about the maintenance on the truck they praise that it has had the best life but will not back it up when you ask to see the records. Not sure what you finances ar e like but if you need to get a lone look at Lone Mountain or Penske over Arrow. If you can go to bank or pay cash look around for the private sales, there is bargains everywhere. Hope this helps.......Keep Trucking!!!!!
  3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    If you buy one of these newer EPA trucks you will need to budget for an in frame and the emission issues that you will encounter. Say $10,000 for emissions and another $30,000 minimum for the in frame depending upon the motor. Just saying, been there and done that. If I were to do this all over again, I would be looking for an older non emission truck with the Cummins or Series 60 Detroit.

Oh, your budget, figure in the down time too... ;-)
  • Draft saved Draft deleted